Check Printing

Richard Dawson

01 Jan, 2016 09:11 PM

I have had a recurrence of an on going problem. When I attempt to print checks, they are as shown in the attached file, a 3 inch column down the left hand side of the paper. I have installed the latest version of the software, and run the usual repair software. My computer:
Mac Pro - OS 10.11.2
•3.5GHz 6-core with 12MB of L3 cache
•16GB (4x4GB) of 1866MHz DDR3 ECC (4 Slots)
I also use a Brothers P-Touch label printer , v. 5.1.102 which prints labels of slightly smaller width, 2.5 inches, than the checks are now being printed. The computer recognizes the correct printer in most other applications, and prints properly, so that I am not sure the problem exists between the two softwares. If there is a permanent solution to the problem, I would love to hear it.

1. 1 Posted by David Hanley on 05 Jan, 2016 03:53 PM

Hi Richard,

Could you try checking the box marked 'Share this printer on the network' under your Mac's System Preferences? To access this option, click the Apple logo in the top left corner -> System Preferences -> Printers & Scanners. We have had a number of users report strange printing errors using OS X El Capitan, and this has strangely resolved most of them.

Hope this helps, and feel free to contact me with any questions about this process!

David Hanley
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Richard Dawson on 05 Jan, 2016 04:44 PM

I tried it with network sharing, and the results are the same. I have a
    work around involving some other software. I would appreciate any other
    suggestions that may arise.

David Hanley wrote:

3. System closed this discussion on 05 Apr, 2016 04:50 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac