Can't print since I upgraded to Mac OS10.11

Laurence Baker

18 Dec, 2015 02:34 AM

Since I upgraded to Mac OS 10.11 I can't print checks. The print window appears, but when I press the "Print" button, nothing happens.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jenny on 18 Dec, 2015 10:53 AM

Hi Laurence,

Could you ensure that you have enabled the box marked 'Share this printer on the network' or 'Share with all' under your Mac's System Preferences? To access this option, click the Apple logo in the top left corner -> System Preferences -> Printers & Scanners.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Laurence Baker on 18 Dec, 2015 04:28 PM

Jenny:

Thanks for the idea. The printer is already working on the network and is printing from other software just fine.

The problem seems to be with the initiating of printing in the Moneydance software. The “Print” button is highlighted (colored blue) in Moneydance and, when I click on it, remains highlighted. Nothing happens in my Mac system of the usual printing sequence.

Let me know what else to try.

Larry

Making a Difference Through Healthcare Communication
    Laurence H. Baker PhD | 3623 NE 10th Ave. | Portland, OR 97212 | 503 789-8807 | [email blocked] <mailto:[email blocked]>

3. 3 Posted by David Hanley on 19 Dec, 2015 11:09 AM

Hi Larry,

Can you please verify the exact build version of Moneydance you are running? To do this run Moneydance and from the menu bar select Help->Console Window... Then copy and paste the output of the console window to this discussion.

Thanks!

David Hanley
    Infinite Kind Support

4. System closed this discussion on 19 Mar, 2016 11:10 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac