Print for Reports does not work

Don

21 Nov, 2015 10:43 PM

I have been using Moneydance for some time. I have printed many reports by clicking on the Print button on the report display. It has been displaying a window that allows selection of print options; pressing print printed the report. Now it does not do anything; no window, no report. I have a feeling that this is a Moneydance/Mac issue, but I don't know where to start to solve this problem. I have a big meeting on SU 11/22 and I need to have printed reports. Any ideas of what may be wrong?

1. 1 Posted by David Hanley on 21 Nov, 2015 10:56 PM

Hi Don,

Can you please verify the version of Moneydance you are running. To do this run Moneydance and from the menu bar select Help->Console Window... Then copy and paste the output of the console window to this discussion.

Could you try checking the box marked 'Share this printer on the network' under your Mac's System Preferences? To access this option, click the Apple logo in the top left corner -> System Preferences -> Printers & Scanners.

Hope this helps, and feel free to contact me with any questions about this process!

David Hanley
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Don Magdanz on 21 Nov, 2015 11:03 PM

Sharing the printer on the network solved the problem. I assume that this
    was checked and got unchecked for some reason, but I don't know why.

Thank you SO MUCH. You saved me a lot of work getting reports over to Word,
    reformatting, etc.

Don Magdanz
    415-258-0242

3. 3 Posted by Don on 21 Nov, 2015 11:04 PM

I fixed this problem by clicking on Share Printer under System Preferences on my Mac.

4. 4 Posted by Don on 21 Nov, 2015 11:07 PM

I can't click on Close the Discussion because it is grey. How do I say this problem is resolved?

5. 5 Posted by David Hanley on 21 Nov, 2015 11:10 PM

Hi Don,

Great to hear you're back up and running, feel free to contact us for any additional support! I'll go ahead and close this ticket now.

David Hanley
    Infinite Kind Support

6. David Hanley closed this discussion on 21 Nov, 2015 11:10 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac