Please Note: We've moved Moneydance and SyncSpace's support to a new location. Please join us for support and discussion at infinitekind.zendesk.com.

Moneydance 2014 freezes

mario.gorreo

11 Dec, 2013 12:54 PM

I am annoyed by the way Moneydance 2014 works - or I should say doesn't work. I bought Moneydance 2011 in fall 2011, updated to Moneydance 2012 and I was fully satisfied about their performance. A few days ago, I upgraded to Moneydance 2014 (at 50% discount), but I cannot use it, as it freezes when I duplicate transactions, or i use the "split" feature and I have to force quit it. I cannot say if there are more bugs, because those I experienced were already enough to make me revert to Moneydance 2012!!
I hope you can solve these problems very soon.
I work with a macBook Pro (early 2009), 8 GB RAM, OS X 10.9 (13A603).
Thank you for your assistance.

1. 2 Posted by Alan W. on 11 Dec, 2013 03:19 PM

Same problem here (original 2011, update to 2012 and tried to update to 2014). I tried trashing preferences and got some things to work for a while, but eventually something will cause a freeze - whether reconciling an account, adding a transaction, pretty much anything. Something somewhere is corrupted and I can't figure out if it is my data file or this app.
    iMac 27" late 2012 2.9GHz, 8GB ram, OS10.9

2. Support Staff 3 Posted by Jon Hoover on 12 Dec, 2013 12:48 PM

Hi,
    Our development team has been at work trying to fix this bug.
    Unfortunately, since it only affects certain users, we have not been able to recreate it amongst the Moneydance staff.
    We believe we may have a fix but we need people with this bug to try it out. If you are interested, please download the latest preview build and let us know if the hangs cease and if they don't, if you could include your error log. Thanks!
    http://infinitekind.com/preview
    Sincerely,
    Jon Hoover, Moneydance Support

3. 4 Posted by rlsantella on 21 Dec, 2013 09:30 PM

This version does not work for me - spinning beach ball. Had to force quit and revert back to 2012.

4. 5 Posted by Christopher Hyne on 27 Dec, 2013 11:36 PM

The issue seems to be related to the Mac screen size.
    If I use my Air 13" screen there is a problem.
    If I use my larger external monitor... no problem

5. Support Staff 6 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 28 Dec, 2013 04:55 PM

Christopher,

That's fascinating information, I'll definitely pass it on to our developer. Can you confirm for me that you're running Mavericks?

Angie Rauscher
    Moneydance Support

6. Support Staff 7 Posted by Sean Reilly on 28 Dec, 2013 06:25 PM

Hi Christopher,

I've been testing on a 13" MacBook Air with no problems at all. Are you using the external monitor with your 13" MBA or some other computer? If another computer, what kind is it? Does rebooting it and then running Moneydance 2014 help?

Thanks,
    Sean

7. 8 Posted by Andrew on 04 Jan, 2014 03:19 PM

More bugs:

After I create a budget, there is no way to open and adjust the budget. When I click on the budget the main screen does not change and stays on the last account I clicked. There is no way to view the budget I just created.

I'm using Snow Leopard and I downloaded the correct version, restarted, and downloaded again but nothing has changed.

You can see on the screen shot that budget is selected but it's showing Checking information (the last button I viewed).

8. Support Staff 9 Posted by Jon Hoover on 04 Jan, 2014 05:37 PM

Hi Andrew,
    We are aware that budgets are not always displaying correctly on some versions of snow leopard and are working on a fix for that.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Sincerely,

9. Support Staff 10 Posted by Ethan Tupelo on 08 Jan, 2014 06:57 PM

Hello,

We've just released a new preview build of Moneydance that we believe resolves many of these issues. Can you please download it from http://infinitekind.com/preview and see if the freezing is resolved? If it is still happening but less often, can you describe what you are doing when it appears to freeze?

Ethan
    Moneydance Support

10. 11 Posted by Elliot Krane on 21 Jan, 2014 07:54 PM

Just downloaded v2014 today and fins it crashing every time on opening. Reading this thread I see you've been working on this for >1mo, which raises the question of why you're selling software known to be defective. Please advise: I'd like to return to my previous version, and have my upgrade price refunded. My key is *************
    Thanks.

Elliot Krane

11. Support Staff 12 Posted by Jon Hoover on 21 Jan, 2014 09:05 PM

Hi Elliot,
    It is very likely that you are having a different problem then the one which is in this thread as we have fixed that bug back on the 8th.
    Some users have a code-siging cache that gets drawed upon when you run the newer version of Moneydance, when in fact it needs to clear out the entry in the cache to update to the new version. The short of this problem is, if you reboot your computer Moneydance runs find, if instead you would like refund I would be happy to authorize it for you.
    Sincerely,

12. 13 Posted by Elliot Krane on 21 Jan, 2014 10:31 PM

Thanks, Jon, I’ll try that tonight when I get home and follow up with you.

Elliot Krane

13. 14 Posted by Elliot Krane on 22 Jan, 2014 06:47 AM

This comment was split into a new private discussion: Key for Eliot Krane

Thank you.

That worked.

One more thing. My old key will not register the product and I was not sent a new key with my receipt. Please provide.

Thanks.

Elliot Krane

14. Angie Rauscher closed this discussion on 22 Jan, 2014 04:01 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac