Unable to connect with Chase Bank for transaction download!!

Donald Sickler

11 Jul, 2018 09:06 PM

Apparently Moneydance is not supported by Chase Bank. Do you know what the problem is? Chase says they only support Quicken.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jenny on 12 Jul, 2018 10:02 AM

Hi Donald,

Moneydance supports automatic downloads via Direct Connect, and you can view a list of financial institutions that support this feature here.

Chase are listed, so you can set this up within Moneydance by navigating to Online --> Set Up Online Banking. Then select 'New Connection' and choose your financial institution from the list.

Most banks require that you contact them to enable Direct Connect before you can download your data from within Moneydance. When you do this, you'll be given the login credentials you need to connect. Generally, these login details differ from those used for other services like ATM or online banking.

Moneydance uses exactly the same OFX server connection protocol for Direct Connect as Quicken - but often bank representatives do not know this and mistakenly believe that you can not connect in Moneydance (Chase will often advise our customers this is the case). Calling your bank and stating precisely the following should get you started -

"Please enable Direct Connect on my account so that I can connect to your servers directly with Quicken. Also give me the login credentials I need to connect to this service."

You can find the steps for setting this up outlined in this article.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by -Kevin N. on 12 Jul, 2018 01:06 PM

Hi Donald,

Take a look at this post for some details on connecting to Chase with Moneydance.
    http://help.infinitekind.com/discussions/online-banking/9166-cant-c...

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

3. System closed this discussion on 11 Oct, 2018 01:10 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac