Wells Fargo

John

10 Jul, 2018 10:25 PM

It seems this is an annual event with WF.

I tried downloading my accounts today and received the following error:

"There was an error communicating with your financial institution. The details of this error are below.

Bank Name: Wells Fargo Bank

A communication or parsing error occurred. This could be the result of a network problem, a proxy error, or misconfigured server.
Error Description: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No trusted certificate found

The last time this happened (many threads almost one year ago) it was due to a change in security at WF to manage on-line downloads via OFX to use a one time double authentication. I will follow the next couple of days to see if the security certificate straightens itself out, or if I have to wipe all my accounts username/passwords and re-initiate on line downloads.

Developers should be on the alert for other significant issues as a result of this with regard to Wells Fargo or Wells Fargo Advisors.

1. 1 Posted by Nate on 10 Jul, 2018 11:37 PM

Same issue here - just started today. Watching for a resolution

2. 2 Posted by ccurrier99 on 11 Jul, 2018 01:50 AM

Had this back in late June, now back again today. This seems to be a reoccurring issue with WF.

3. 3 Posted by marcshellshear on 11 Jul, 2018 02:12 AM

Same issue here waiting for resolution

4. 4 Posted by Michael Hosmer on 11 Jul, 2018 10:35 AM

Same issue. Unable to connect to Wells Fargo Bank. Watching for resolution.

5. 5 Posted by carolshockley on 11 Jul, 2018 12:00 PM

IK support told me to download the preview version and that allowed me to connect with Wells Fargo. Everything seems to be working good now.

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Ian O on 11 Jul, 2018 12:40 PM

Hi All,

Sorry to hear of the issue you have all encountered while using Moneydance. The cause for what you're seeing is your bank have retired one of their older certificates which has broken the connection in Moneydance.

The latest preview version of Moneydance 2017 contains the certificates that will allow you to connect. Take a manual backup of your data file via File --> Export Backup, then download the preview version of Moneydance from here.

Before upgrading, I'd recommend checking if your license key is valid for use with Moneydance 2017. You can do this by entering your license key in the 'Upgrading?' box on this page.

You should be able to locate your license key within Moneydance by navigating to Help --> About Moneydance (Moneydance --> About Moneydance on Mac).

If you don't see a license key displayed, you may have purchased from Apple. Those who purchase from Apple will need to wait for the next stable version of Moneydance to be pushed to the Apple AppStore.

If you would prefer to wait for the improvements included in the preview version to reach stable release, please let me know and I'll make sure you're notified.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

7. 7 Posted by Michael Hosmer on 11 Jul, 2018 04:48 PM

Thank you Ian. For those of us that purchased Moneydance from the Apple AppStore, do you have any idea on when the next stable version will be released. Thank you

8. 8 Posted by John on 11 Jul, 2018 07:01 PM

Thanks Ian for the prompt reply and update to the application. This preview version, I can confirm, re-established my download links with all of my WF and WFA accounts, and without having to remove the existing links.

Great service! And really GREAT application. I tout it all the time, every time I hear someone griping and complaining about Quicken!!

9. 9 Posted by ccurrier99 on 11 Jul, 2018 11:12 PM

Fixed for me...thanks!

10. 10 Posted by Joe LG on 12 Jul, 2018 07:03 PM

Ian, is there going to be a solution for earlier versions such as Moneydance 2014? Previous problems with Wells Fargo did not require a version update.

11. 11 Posted by Michele on 12 Jul, 2018 09:08 PM

The preview version only allows 100 transactions. I qualified for discounted upgrade so I did that but don't know where to put the key code to update it.

12. 12 Posted by Joe Johnson on 12 Jul, 2018 11:16 PM

I just spoke to a Wells Fargo agent. She stated that because of security reasons they no longer will support Moneydance. I told her that I will find another bank.

13. 13 Posted by John on 13 Jul, 2018 04:03 AM

Joe - I have found WF tech support hardly know what OFX downloading is much less what MoneyDance application is. I highly doubt that WF would ever walk away from Quicken download capability, which uses OFX if using the BillPay downloading hook. The question to always ask WF is why is my Quicken downloads no longer working? Even then they generally say it is Quicken's problem not theirs. So you are generally out in the cold going either route. Bottom line, I have NO trust in WF tech support, unfortunately. Honestly I believe it was their lack of concern for their customers downloading capability (they alway fall back on you can download from the website for free) that broke Quicken so much for me that I began a serious look for an alternative. I am very glad I have found MoneyDance and even more appreciative of the support that IK provides.

I understand versioning in apps and it is always difficult. Hopefully this is a just as simple as incorporating the new certificate in the older versions if it is even possible. It certainly is worth a question to Ian and IK tech support (as someone above has done).

Changing banks I view as a last resort. Honestly I have been very close twice now. WF can be assured that my smaller accounts have indeed been moved. The more issues and lack of concern for their customers that WF exhibit, the more of my accounts will be allowed to dwindle to zero, closed, while opening alternative banking and financial firms accounts.

14. 14 Posted by Joe Johnson on 13 Jul, 2018 11:33 AM

Thanks John, just got an email this morning from them that clearly proves they really don't know what I'm talking about. I guess we will just wait till they straigten it out.
    Thanks again.

15. 15 Posted by Gray Burch on 13 Jul, 2018 12:47 PM

Can't connect to Wells Fargo

16. 16 Posted by Gray Burch on 13 Jul, 2018 12:53 PM

Never mind, I fixed it by downloading the preview version Version 2017.8 mentioned above.

17. 17 Posted by Joe on 13 Jul, 2018 11:17 PM

It looks like I'm on my own with this. I did what Gray Burch did, and it downloaded the cleared purchases and checks. I agree with the balance in the bank. But when I reconcile, its off. Tried to correct it by adding the amount that it's off, but can't.

18. Support Staff 18 Posted by Ian O on 14 Jul, 2018 11:10 AM

Hi All,

Glad to hear the preview release is resolving the connection problems for those who have upgraded.

We hope to release a new stable version of Moneydance 2017 in the next few days. I've flagged this discussion so you are all notified when the stable release is available for download.

If you've purchased Moneydance 2014 or an older version and you'd like to upgrade to Moneydance 2017, you can enter your current license key into the 'Upgrading?' box on this page to redeem a 50% discount.

If you would prefer not to upgrade, you should still be able to easily import your data into the program. The best way to get your transactions into Moneydance is to download files from your bank's web site.
    You can download into QFX, OFX, OFC or QIF files (aka Quicken or MS Money files), any of which will import cleanly into Moneydance. You can find the steps for manually importing your data in this article.
    You can also open your banks website directly from Moneydance by selecting Online --> Open Account Website, which makes the download process easier.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

22 Jul, 2018 05:25 AM
22 Jul, 2018 02:19 AM
22 Jul, 2018 01:40 AM