Wells Fargo

John

10 Jul, 2018 10:25 PM

It seems this is an annual event with WF.

I tried downloading my accounts today and received the following error:

"There was an error communicating with your financial institution. The details of this error are below.

Bank Name: Wells Fargo Bank

A communication or parsing error occurred. This could be the result of a network problem, a proxy error, or misconfigured server.
Error Description: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No trusted certificate found

The last time this happened (many threads almost one year ago) it was due to a change in security at WF to manage on-line downloads via OFX to use a one time double authentication. I will follow the next couple of days to see if the security certificate straightens itself out, or if I have to wipe all my accounts username/passwords and re-initiate on line downloads.

Developers should be on the alert for other significant issues as a result of this with regard to Wells Fargo or Wells Fargo Advisors.

Showing page 3 out of 3. View the first page

1. 60 Posted by pickrainbow7 on 16 Aug, 2018 05:07 AM

Some bank info changed with a click and noted that OFX com now shows 2600. isn't it?

2. 61 Posted by avp2 on 16 Aug, 2018 03:26 PM

Not sure what you are asking.

But, previous to MD's recent WF info updates <appver> showed 2400 (stands for Quicken 2015, or earlier, I believe) - 2600 stands for 2017.

And, when you open the “setup online banking” window there is some info that shows for an already setup institution. That info updated (flashed) for WFA when the connection was not working and I clicked on refresh. I was not paying enough attention to note if there was an actual change or what it was, but an update does not happen on other setups that work or the now working WFA setup. I just mentioned it as a possible indicator of whether a change occurs, or not, on doing a "refresh".

Al Pawlowski
    Los Osos, CA USA

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac