Moneydance stopped connecting to my bank

Ed Bryant

10 Jul, 2018 04:14 AM

I started getting this error tonight:

"A communication or parsing error occurred. This could be the result of a network problem, a proxy error, or misconfigured server.
Error Description: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No trusted certificate found"

I downloaded the latest version of the software and updated the program and still get this error. My bank is Wells Fargo.

Showing page 2 out of 2. View the first page

1. Support Staff 31 Posted by Ian O on 24 Jul, 2018 01:01 PM

Sorry to hear you are experiencing further issues with the Wells Fargo connection in Moneydance. Can you try re-creating your connection with your financial institution and see if that fixes the issue that you're seeing? You will need to disable your current connection to your bank and then recreate it using the New Connection button on the Online Banking Setup screen. To do so, you can follow these steps:

1. Select your bank account in Moneydance

2. Select the Online->Setup Online Banking button/menu

3. Click the "Disable" button.  If you don't see a disable button, just close the setup window.

4. Repeat the previous steps for any additional accounts at the same institution.
    5. Select the Online->Setup Online Banking button/menu (again)

6. Click the "New Connection" button and select your bank and hit OK
    7. Continue with the setup process, entering your username/password

Make sure you pick new connection, even though your bank is still one of the connection choices after you disable it. Choosing your bank from the list of available banks will force Moneydance to download the updated information, which should then allow you to connect.

Please let me know if you continue to have connection problems after recreating your connection.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 32 Posted by nick.parrella2 on 24 Jul, 2018 03:06 PM

I am still having the problem with connecting to Wells Fargo. I have downloaded the new Moneydance version 2017.7.1 and disabled all of my 3 wells fargo accounts. Then selected new connection and chose Well Fargo Bank from the list. I still get the error message and am not able to connect.

3. 33 Posted by dwg on 24 Jul, 2018 09:35 PM

I'm a fellow user.

The latest stable release (2017.7.1) does NOT have the updated certificates required for Wells Fargo.

You need to install the latest preview release (2017.8) this can be downloaded from:

http://infinitekind.com/preview

4. 34 Posted by rms364 on 25 Jul, 2018 01:17 AM

I got Ian's suggestion to work so all is ok now. thank you

5. Support Staff 35 Posted by Ian O on 26 Jul, 2018 10:03 AM

Hi All,

The new stable version of Moneydance is now available for download. This is 2017.8 and can be downloaded on this page.

For those who purchased from Apple, the new version should be available via your Updates tab of the App Store.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

6. 36 Posted by Wallygee on 31 Jul, 2018 01:28 AM

Just bought Moneydance and now find that I can't connect to my account at Wells Fargo. Followed steps here but no dice.

I get an error message telling me to visit wellsfargo.com/fmssetup but that link does not resolve to anyhing.

7. 37 Posted by jnpdonovan on 01 Aug, 2018 12:18 PM

I tried EXACTLY what IK Support recommended, and got the dreaded ERROR 400-BAD REQUEST response. Is anyone working on this? I've resorted to using the bank's web site and downloading an OFX file, but would rather have it the way it had been for lots of years.

8. 38 Posted by carolshockley on 01 Aug, 2018 12:31 PM

My connection issue with Wells Fargo was corrected with the solutions provided in this thread and is working as of today. Moneydance version is 2017.8(1691).

9. 39 Posted by EJ on 04 Sep, 2018 07:58 PM

9.4, I followed this thread and downloaded version 2017.9 (1695) from the website. I'm still getting the error below when I try to import the .qfx file. I don't use direct connect, I do the download and import manually.

Error reading file: java.io.IOException: Unexpected end of message while reading headers

10. 40 Posted by hleofxquotes on 04 Sep, 2018 08:30 PM

For direct download and import manually of Wells Fargo QFX, currently there is a problem with the formatting of the QFX file (Wells messed it up).

See this thread for a work-around:

http://help.infinitekind.com/discussions/problems/47315-error-readi...

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac