Checks for Printing

Maria Luz Faber

03 Jul, 2018 05:31 PM

Which supplier makes wallet-sized checks compatible for printing on Money Dance?

1. 1 Posted by quotient on 03 Jul, 2018 06:52 PM

I'm just a user, not support, using MD 2017.8.

I'm still using leftover checks I bought from Intuit (Quicken). They are three checks/page with stubs. The MD check printing set up is pretty versatile.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Ian O on 04 Jul, 2018 11:00 AM

Hi Maria,

It is possible to print Moneydance transactions on virtually any style of pre-printed checks. To print checks with Moneydance you will first need to obtain pre-printed check stock. Moneydance will print the date, amount, payee, memo, and optionally the address of a payee on your checks. Moneydance cannot print the account and routing number on a completely blank check, due to special ink requirements.

To use the check-printing feature, you will need to mark some of your transactions as to-be-printed. This can be done by setting the check number field for the transactions to be printed as "{Print}". When you select the File → Print Checks function, Moneydance will locate any transactions with "{Print}" in the check number field, print them onto paper checks, and put the number of the paper check into the check number field.

In order to print the address of a payee on the paper check you will first need to make sure that an address book entry has been associated with the transaction to print. If an address book entry has been associated with a transaction, the @ symbol will appear next to the payee name in the transaction editor. You will also need to select the "Show Address" option for the style of check you are printing. This can be done in Moneydance → Preferences → Check Printing.

I hope this information is useful, please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac