Bank of America Direct Connect support

Patrick McKinley

02 Jul, 2018 10:22 PM

Hi
I'm new to MoneyDance, after a 30-year history with Quicken. I'm trying to get a MoneyDance OFX connection to Bank of America for my Visa credit card transactions. But so far I get the same error after multiple tries. I also called Bank of America and keep getting a run around there.

1. In Set Up Online Banking the list of institutions is notably missing Bank of America.
2. With some web research, I found these entries for an Advanced Setup:
○ Setup Online
§ Advanced Setup
□ Institution ORG: HAN 
□ Institution ID: 5959 
□ OFX Server URL: https://eftx.bankofamerica.com/eftxweb/access.ofx
  Unfortunately, the response was error 2000.
     There was an error communicating with your financial institution. The details of this error are below.
     Bank Name: Bank of America
     The error code reported by the server was: 2000
      Invalid username/password combination has been entered. Please try again or sign-in to bankofamerica to restore your connection from your computer.

Does anyone have a clue on what I can do to make this work? It seems to me the BofA OFX server is running, but rejecting my connection based on the username/password combo. I'm using the same credentials as what I use to login to the BofA online banking, so perhaps they use a unique credential for direct connections?

Thank You,
...Patrick

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ian O on 03 Jul, 2018 09:04 AM

Hi Patrick,

Sorry to hear of the issue you have encountered while using Moneydance. The error you're getting would suggest that either the incorrect credentials are being used or that Direct Connect services are not active on the account.

Have you previously enabled your account for Direct Connect access? Bank of America has discontinued their support for new Direct Connect activations. However, if your account was activated for Direct Connect before they turned off support, you should still be able to connect in Moneydance.

If you haven't enabled OFX services with Bank of America previously, the best way to get your transactions into Moneydance will be to use a web browser to download them from your bank's web site. You can download into QFX, QIF, OFX or OFC files, any of which will import cleanly into Moneydance.

I hope this information is helpful, please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

23 Sep, 2018 04:15 AM
23 Sep, 2018 02:47 AM
22 Sep, 2018 11:34 PM