Hi, all. I was just able to download transactions from Wells Fargo. Earlier this morning, I too got the error message and was unable to download transactions or send an online payment. Although I have not yet tried sending another online payment (I already mailed a check), the downloads seem to be working again.
Joining the discussion. I've made no changes on my end.
A communication or parsing error occurred. This could be the result of a network problem, a proxy error, or misconfigured server.
Error Description: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No trusted certificate found
MD ver 2017.7.1 (1671)
I tried the new connection trick, that did not work.
Ian O on 11 Jul, 2018 12:41 PM
Sorry to hear of the issue you have all encountered while using Moneydance. The cause for what you're seeing is your bank have retired one of their older certificates which has broken the connection in Moneydance.
The latest preview version of Moneydance 2017 contains the certificates that will allow you to connect. Take a manual backup of your data file via File --> Export Backup, then download the preview version of Moneydance from here.
Before upgrading, I'd recommend checking if your license key is valid for use with Moneydance 2017. You can do this by entering your license key in the 'Upgrading?' box on this page.
You should be able to locate your license key within Moneydance by navigating to Help --> About Moneydance (Moneydance --> About Moneydance on Mac).
If you don't see a license key displayed, you may have purchased from Apple. Those who purchase from Apple will need to wait for the next stable version of Moneydance to be pushed to the Apple AppStore.
If you would prefer to wait for the improvements included in the preview version to reach stable release, please let me know and I'll make sure you're notified.
After downloading Moneydance 2017.8 (1687), I was able to download transactions from both checking and savings accounts with Wells-Fargo. This morning I too got the error message when trying to connect, but the new version mentioned worked fine.