Wells Fargo No trusted certificate found

Jamie

29 Jun, 2018 10:42 AM

Hi All -

This morning, I received the dreaded "javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No trusted certificate found" for Wells Fargo (As Wells Fargo Bank, but it's an Advisor account). This worked as of yesterday morning, but I was charged the monthly Quicken fee yesterday as well.

I'm on MD 2017.8 (1685) and have been downloading preview releases routinely.

I wondered if it was just me (because of the banking charge which had been waived before) and they have revoked and now have to add back my access.

Thanks for looking into it!

Showing page 2 out of 2. View the first page

1. 31 Posted by jweathers on 11 Jul, 2018 10:15 PM

Moneydance 2017.7.1 -

A communication or parsing error occurred. This could be the result of a network problem, a proxy error, or misconfigured server. Error Description: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No trusted certificate found

2. 32 Posted by grader01 on 11 Jul, 2018 10:51 PM

I tried to follow the instructions. When I do a manual backup, it locks up my machine. Ubuntu 18.04LTS 64-bit. However, it was making daily backups when I shut the system down. Can I use the most current backup to restore my MD? Does anyone know when the new release will be ready? I would rather wait for the final version than install a beta. Thanks to all.

3. 33 Posted by bigjohn-nj on 11 Jul, 2018 11:44 PM

I downloadedVersion 2017.7.1 (1671) for a Mac running Yosemite 10.10.5
    and am still having the same issue

A communication or parsing error occurred. This could be the result of a network problem, a proxy error, or misconfigured server.
    Error Description: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No trusted certificate found

HELP!!!

4. 34 Posted by bigjohn-nj on 11 Jul, 2018 11:50 PM

I can download Account Activity from Wells as Quicken QFX format file
    Can i then import this into MD
    Will this cause issues after the certificate issue is resolved???

Please Advise

5. 35 Posted by wishnack on 12 Jul, 2018 01:03 AM

Got it to work yesterday with 2017.8.

6. 36 Posted by rob.harris on 12 Jul, 2018 01:40 AM

I have also just started experiencing this issue. When will the "stable" release be released. In the meantime we are all not getting our transactions. Is this always going to happen every-time Wells Fargo updates their website? Does this knock out Quicken as well, or is Wells Fargo keeping them "in the loop" and we are just the lucky ones? I hate to install "test software" after I have paid for complete, released software.

I don't mean to bitch, but you guys need to release an update "yesterday" and take steps to stop this from happening every year or two. I like MD (and hate Intuit) so I am rooting for this fix SOON! Thanks!

7. 37 Posted by grader01 on 12 Jul, 2018 02:34 PM

Hi,
    Following your instructions, I tried to export backup. Nothing happens and I have to restart my system to get back into MD. MD just freezes. When I upgrade (my license is valid for an upgrade) without backing up my data, will it erase all my previous data?

It would be nice to get a daily update on the progress being made to correct this certificate problem. A lot of us are feeling we are hung out there with no information on the status of the stable version. Any information you could give would ease our frustration. Thanks, grader01

8. 38 Posted by Cathy D on 13 Jul, 2018 01:15 AM

I am having the same issues. It would have been nice to get a heads up about the possible problem with the WF website update.

9. 39 Posted by regus_patoff on 13 Jul, 2018 02:15 AM

I tried down loading a qfx file from my Wells Fargo account and importing it to MoneyDance. That worked. I don't know if this will this cause issues after the certificate issue is resolved.

10. 40 Posted by Julie on 13 Jul, 2018 05:11 PM

I have the same Wells Fargo issue too. Have MD 10.6, will try update and see if works.

11. 41 Posted by Julie on 13 Jul, 2018 06:15 PM

Updating MD didn't work either. Please HELP Moneydance!

12. 42 Posted by Michael Smith on 13 Jul, 2018 06:20 PM

I am having this problem with Wells Fargo updates as well, same error. I also went to MD this year because I object to the Quicken forced annual subscription renewal billing model.

ERROR:
    Moneydance download error
    There was an error communicating with your financial institution. The details of this error are below.

Bank Name: Wells Fargo Bank
    Account: Wells Fargo Checking
    Account Number:

A communication or parsing error occurred. This could be the result of a network problem, a proxy error, or misconfigured server.
    Error Description: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No trusted certificate found

13. 43 Posted by rob.harris on 13 Jul, 2018 06:33 PM

Michael, You put your account number on the thread.  Did you mean to do that?  You should probably remove it. Rob

14. 44 Posted by John Munson on 13 Jul, 2018 06:40 PM

You need the preview version. Look up in this thread until you fine the support rep’s message about it.

15. 45 Posted by Mike Smith on 13 Jul, 2018 06:47 PM

Oops. Thank you

16. 46 Posted by rob.harris on 13 Jul, 2018 06:55 PM

I also downloaded the transactions from Wells Fargo after logging into my account. There were no issues, and I am now caught up. Moneydance ignores previously downloaded transactions, so this will work as an interim solution until either Wells Fargo fixes the issue, or IK figures out a way around it and releases an update.

17. 47 Posted by regus_patoff on 13 Jul, 2018 09:12 PM

I am using MD ver.  2017.2 (1597). Good luck with the update.

18. 48 Posted by regus_patoff on 13 Jul, 2018 09:20 PM

Actually that is not my account number. I put all XX's for an account
    number. I don't know where that number came from, but thanks for the
    heads up.

19. 49 Posted by Joe LG on 13 Jul, 2018 11:45 PM

Is there going to be a fix for users of earlier versions of Moneydance? I have asked this question in another discussion and have seen no answer. Specifically, I need a solution for Moneydance 2014.5? I would appreciate an answer from the support staff. At this time I can no longer get downloads or use bill pay from the Moneydance application.

20. Support Staff 50 Posted by Ian O on 14 Jul, 2018 11:09 AM

Hi All,

Glad to hear the preview release is resolving the connection problems for those who have upgraded.

We hope to release a new stable version of Moneydance 2017 in the next few days. I've flagged this discussion so you are all notified when the stable release is available for download.

If you've purchased Moneydance 2014 or an older version and you'd like to upgrade to Moneydance 2017, you can enter your current license key into the 'Upgrading?' box on this page to redeem a 50% discount.

If you would prefer not to upgrade, you should still be able to easily import your data into the program. The best way to get your transactions into Moneydance is to download files from your bank's web site.
    You can download into QFX, OFX, OFC or QIF files (aka Quicken or MS Money files), any of which will import cleanly into Moneydance. You can find the steps for manually importing your data in this article.
    You can also open your banks website directly from Moneydance by selecting Online --> Open Account Website, which makes the download process easier.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

21. 51 Posted by egan guy on 14 Jul, 2018 01:06 PM

I am experiencing the same issue and have release 2015.7. What are the instructions please to get this version to connect? Thanks!

22. 52 Posted by KB on 16 Jul, 2018 01:57 AM

I am experiencing the same issue with no trusted certificate found. I have upgraded and reset all my accounts, but no luck. I would appreciate notification when this is resolved.
    Thanks

23. 53 Posted by Philip on 16 Jul, 2018 04:22 AM

Affects me too; chiming in so I'm notified when the stable fix is released.

24. 54 Posted by Marchant Willia... on 16 Jul, 2018 01:16 PM

Same issue with 2017.7.1 (1671)

25. 55 Posted by scott.munroe on 16 Jul, 2018 05:57 PM

Ian,
    I'm posting here to make sure I get the stable release announcement, but I'd like to point out that I followed the link (from another thread I think) for downloading, but found no option to get the preview version, only 2017.7.1 (1671) which I presume is the current release. I installed it anyway. It did not fix the problem. Posting the release number would have been helpful.
    Cheers,
    Scott

26. 56 Posted by dwg on 16 Jul, 2018 09:05 PM

The latest preview release can always be found at:

http://infinitekind.com/preview

The current build is 1688

27. 57 Posted by Julie on 19 Jul, 2018 05:02 PM

I downloaded the preview version and it at least is working with Wells Fargo now. I canceled the online banking and then set it up again after downloading the preview version.

28. 58 Posted by chris.fox on 19 Jul, 2018 11:57 PM

I'm just posting so I get the update when the full release comes out...not interested in the preview or manual downloads. Thx

29. 59 Posted by caflowers on 20 Jul, 2018 03:31 AM

Interested in full release. Do not not want to enter a bunch of stuff AGAIN and lose all my info like a couple of years ago.

30. 60 Posted by scott.munroe on 21 Jul, 2018 03:56 PM

dwg, thanks for the preview link. It works, sort of.
    Ian,
    Just to let you know, there is still a bug. "download all" got the first two accounts but failed on the remaining two. Individual downloads of the failed ones worked.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

22 Jul, 2018 05:25 AM
22 Jul, 2018 02:19 AM
22 Jul, 2018 01:40 AM