BBVA Compass Bank downloading transactions error

webyan

21 Jun, 2018 05:58 AM

I started receiving this error when trying to download transactions from BBVA Compass bank a couple of days age.

"A communication or parsing error occurred. This could be the result of a network problem, a proxy error, or misconfigured server. Error Description: java.io.IOException: Unexpected end of message while reading headers"

I tried to delete my download connection and create a new one and I got a message that I was using an unsupported version.

"There was an error communicating with your financial institution. The details of this error are below.

Bank Name: BBVA Compass

The error code reported by the server was: 2021

Unsupported version"

I am on a Mac running OS X v 10.11.6 and I am running Moneydance v2017.7.1 (1671)

1. 1 Posted by Ian O on 22 Jun, 2018 09:10 AM

Hi,

Sorry to hear of the issue you have encountered while using Moneydance. We have made a change to the BVAA Compass connection information which should hopefully allow you to connect again.

Can you try re-creating your connection with your financial institution and see if that fixes the issue? You will need to disable your current connection to your bank and then recreate it using the New Connection button on the Online Banking Setup screen. To do so, you can follow these steps:

1. Select your bank account in Moneydance

2. Select the Online->Setup Online Banking button/menu

3. Click the "Disable" button.  If you don't see a disable button, just close the setup window.

4. Repeat the previous steps for any additional accounts at the same institution.
    5. Select the Online->Setup Online Banking button/menu (again)

6. Click the "New Connection" button and select your bank and hit OK
    7. Continue with the setup process, entering your username/password

Make sure you pick new connection, even though your bank is still one of the connection choices after you disable it. Choosing your bank from the list of available banks will force Moneydance to download the updated information, which should then allow you to connect.

Please let me know if you continue to have connection problems after recreating your connection.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by webyan on 22 Jun, 2018 02:57 PM

Ian, thank you for the quick response. After not working all week I was able to download transactions from BBVA Compass today from all accounts without making any changes. I guess the problem was on their end.

Since it is working I am thinking I will not do the updated connection as you suggested. Do you agree or should I go ahead and create a new online connection with the bank?

Ron

3. 3 Posted by Ian O on 22 Jun, 2018 03:00 PM

Glad to hear things are working again Ron! I would recommend you leave things as they are, we'll take the 'if it ain't broke' approach. I'll close this discussion for now, but don't hesitate to get back in touch if you have further questions or need any assistance.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

4. Ian O closed this discussion on 22 Jun, 2018 03:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac