Unable to sync w/BBVA Compass

ssvatora

20 Jun, 2018 03:57 AM

Starting 06/18/2018, unable to sync with BBVA Compass.

Error message:
A communication or parsing error occurred. This could be the result of a network problem, a proxy error, or misconfigured server.
Error Description: java.io.IOException: Unexpected end of message while reading headers

After disabling access, when attempting to setup online banking get this error:

There was an error communicating with your financial institution. The details of this error are below.
Bank Name: BBVA Compass
The error code reported by the server was: 2021
Unsupported version

Version of Moneydance: 2017.7.1 (Build 1671)

1. 1 Posted by Ian O on 20 Jun, 2018 09:28 AM

Hi,

Sorry to hear of the issue you have encountered when connecting with your bank in Moneydance. I have updated our connection information for BBVA Compass and have requested our lead developer to push this change. I'm hoping once the new connection information is available in Moneydance you should be able to connect again with your bank.

I will let you know as soon as this new connection information is available in Moneydance so we can test.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Rob on 21 Jun, 2018 01:58 PM

Would this same issue affect all Quickbooks connections as well? How would we know if and when it is fixed?

3. 3 Posted by Ian O on 22 Jun, 2018 08:04 AM

Hi Rob,

The new connection information should now be available in Moneydance. Can you try connecting again now and let me know how you get on?

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by ssvatora on 23 Jun, 2018 05:15 PM

Yes! The new connection information work.

Now, the big questions... was this a BBVA change that they surprised you with? Will this happen in the future?

5. 5 Posted by Ian O on 25 Jun, 2018 06:25 AM

Glad to hear the new connection information did the trick! BBVA Compass changed the security requirements to connect to their servers. Banks will rarely let us know about upcoming changes but we are on hand to make changes as and when they are required.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

6. ssvatora closed this discussion on 07 Jul, 2018 11:21 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac