TD Bank Security Upgrade

normthomp

18 Jun, 2018 06:11 PM

Over the past couple of weeks, TD Bank (including TD Bank credit card) performed a security upgrade. That's now finished but the connection between MoneyDance and TD Bank no longer works. I contacted TD Bank tech support; they only provide support for Quicken/Quick Books as they can't "see" other vendors' connections. They suggested that I contact MD support to have you update the connection on your end.

1. 1 Posted by adrmannyc on 19 Jun, 2018 02:20 PM

I also am encountering this issue. The rep I spoke with told me that on the initial attempt to reconnect the account, they should be able to see the attempt on their side and then enable "Quicken" access. I've tried disabling online banking for the account, refreshing the connections, etc..., but the representative isn't seeing the ping when I attempt to connect. I'm thinking they changed something in the protocol and Moneydance will need to update. I'll keep an eye on this thread for a fix.

2. 2 Posted by JB on 19 Jun, 2018 09:02 PM

I am in the same situation. I have also submitted a private request for help with an exact error message from Moneydance. I have updated to the latest version of Moneydance as well as updated to the latest MacOS - no luck.

3. 3 Posted by TonyRI on 21 Jun, 2018 09:08 PM

4. 4 Posted by chonyid on 07 Jul, 2018 09:03 PM

Same problem. Syncing with TD Bank has been working fine for years, but as of their security upgrade over a month ago, I haven't been able to download transactions. Get this error: A communication or parsing error occurred. This could be the result of a network problem, a proxy error, or misconfigured server.
    Error Description: java.io.IOException: HTTP Error:400 Bad Request.
    I am using version 2017.7.1. I tried "Refresh" in Set up online banking. Doesn't help.

5. 5 Posted by charles on 08 Jul, 2018 12:43 AM

Same problem. Syncing with TD Bank has been working fine for years, but as of their security upgrade over a month ago, I haven't been able to download transactions.

See attached screen grab

6. 6 Posted by dhaas on 14 Jul, 2018 08:19 PM

I am having the same problem. I called TD Bank and they claim they have not changed the OFX information. Note that there is a debug screen you can look at on TD Online banking and it will show you the last OFX request they got. It never shows anything.

Note there is a work-around. You can sign on to the online banking and pull your file by exporting it. The option is in the transactions page. This has continued to work all along and there is an option to do all accounts.

Still I would like IK to please fix this.
    Thanks,
    David

7. 7 Posted by JB on 15 Jul, 2018 01:46 PM

I'm sorry to say that after 6 weeks of communication both with my bank and with IK, I finally had to break down and download another money management program. I loved Moneydance and would have continued using it and telling people about it for years to come, but I manage all of the finances for our family and I thought the risk of error was too high without downloads.

8. 8 Posted by charles on 15 Jul, 2018 06:29 PM

JB

Which money management program are you switching to?

9. 9 Posted by JB on 16 Jul, 2018 12:38 AM

I went with Quicken for now because that is who my bank supports. I will say though, that I LEFT Quicken to go to Moneydance after being beaten to a pulp by Quicken's upselling and persistent emails urging renewal (starting approximately 1 month after my purchase). Very frustrating company to do business with so I would be thrilled if Moneydance would work again so I could return to the peace and quiet that doing business with IK provides. :)

10. 10 Posted by Deb on 01 Aug, 2018 09:07 PM

I left quicken because they keep all transaction in their cloud. I don't like that. THey are getting way to big. Infinite Kind says they don't want our data, so they don't store it which was a decision maker for me. TD says it won't support anything but Q and QB. IK and TD don't seem to have any desire to support their customers anymore. But if you care, I would make a stink with TD. There is a secure message icon in the upper right corner of the web browser when you log in.

11. 11 Posted by dreamweaver0930 on 03 Aug, 2018 12:33 AM

I am considering dropping both MD and TD Bank. If the latter is only going to support Quicken (for the same reasons listed above), I am fed up with them too.

12. System closed this discussion on 02 Nov, 2018 12:40 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac