Error Message when setting up connection to CitiCards

Alexander Bender

25 May, 2018 11:10 AM

Hi everybody,

I have had issues downloading activity from Citi Cards in the past days so I decided to delete the old setup and create a new one. Unfortunately, I am now unable to even create the connection. I am getting the following error when I chose Citi Cards from the list of institutions: I'm sorry, an error occurred: java.io.IOException: HTTP Error: 403 Forbidden.

Does anybody have an idea what might be going on here? I spoke with Citi Cards technical support and they were unable to help.

Thanks

1. 1 Posted by TonyRI on 25 May, 2018 11:54 AM

The same thing happened to me. I tried to recreate the connection to Citi, to no avail. I ended up restoring my backup from the previous day.

This problem appears to just be coming to light very recently:

http://help.infinitekind.com/discussions/investments/3517-403-forbi...

Regards,

Tony (Not from MD Support)

2. 2 Posted by kevinciotta on 25 May, 2018 12:36 PM

Same thing. Error downloading. Tried to recreate. Receive the message:

>> I'm sorry, an error occurred: java.io.IOException: HTTP Error: 403 Forbidden.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Jenny on 25 May, 2018 01:44 PM

Hi all,

Sorry to hear about the issues you've encountered.

We are aware of this problem with Citi, and we're working to get this resolved now.

I will let you know as soon as the connection is working again.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by ed on 25 May, 2018 03:00 PM

Same issue, thanks for working on getting it resolved!

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Jenny on 25 May, 2018 03:16 PM

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know, we believe this is an issue at the banks end. It appears Citi customers are unable to connect using Direct Connect within other programs like Quicken.

You can view a Quicken forum thread about the problems here -https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/cant-re-enable-...

Hopefully Citi will rectify these problems shortly. We'll keep an eye on this, and update Moneydance if there are any changes to the connection information.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

6. 6 Posted by rsworden on 26 May, 2018 07:48 PM

I called Citi and they are aware of the problem. We, Quicken users, and others have reported it. No ETA.

7. 7 Posted by TonyRI on 27 May, 2018 01:19 PM

Looks like it's working again

8. 8 Posted by kevinciotta on 27 May, 2018 03:09 PM

I was successfully able to set up Citi this morning - May 27 at 11am Eastern.

I had deleted online setup Friday and tried - unsuccessfully - to set it up again after getting download errors.

9. 9 Posted by rsworden on 28 May, 2018 06:49 PM

Yes, working for me on 5/27.

10. 10 Posted by kevin.d.murphy on 18 Jun, 2018 03:57 PM

The giant BB&T bank may be following Citi's lead in defeating financial downloads in Moneydance. I got exactly the same error message while attempting to download my account data.

However, the BB&T tech rep was distinctly unhelpful when I mentioned I was using Moneydance, and suggested I call them. Is there a way you can verify this with BB&T?

11. System closed this discussion on 17 Sep, 2018 04:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac