Online Error

Ron

21 May, 2018 09:24 PM

1. I'm trying to set up online banking with Chase bank for a credit card. When I do so, I get the following error message: "Bank Name: Chase. The error code reported by the server was: 2000. Please verify your identity within the next 7 days. Using your desktop computer, go to your bank’s website and visit the Secure Message Center for instructions."
2. So I went to the credit card web site, to the profile & settings area, to the Secure Message section, and enabled Desktop Apps. I now see this message: "Desktop apps - You've set up your Chase accounts so desktop versions of apps like Quicken®1 or QuickBooks®2 can access them directly."
3. However, when I try again from MoneyDance to set up online banking, I still get the same error message. I've tried several times over the last hour. Please advise. Thanks.

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 21 May, 2018 10:22 PM

Hi Ron,

Thank you for providing the detailed steps that you have taken so far.

Look for an email from Chase requesting that you verify your identity with instructions on how to do so.

That should be the final hurdle provided that you're using a recent version of Moneydance.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Ian O on 22 May, 2018 08:14 AM

Hi Ron,

Sorry to hear of the issue you have encountered when connecting with your bank in Moneydance. Can you let me know the version of Moneydance you are using? You can check this within Moneydance by navigating to Help --> About Moneydance. We have had reports that Chase have retired one of their older certificates which has broken the connection in older versions of Moneydance.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

3. 3 Posted by Ron on 23 May, 2018 04:09 PM

1. I did receive an email message from Chase. All it said to do was log into the website, which I did, and I could not find anything else on the website to do to verify identify. Linking to Moneydance still does not work.

2. I have Moneydance version 2017.3 (1609)

Please advise. Thank you.
    > Ron

4. 4 Posted by -Kevin N. on 23 May, 2018 04:47 PM

Hi Ron,

The latest version of Moneydance is currently MD 2017.7.1 (1671)

Provided that you did NOT purchase Moneydance thru the Apple Store, then you can download the latest version here:
    http://infinitekind.com/download-moneydance-personal-finance-software

5. 5 Posted by Ron on 29 May, 2018 08:32 PM

Thanks for the helpful info, Kevin and Ian.
    I installed the latest version of Moneydance and I am still receiving the same error message when attempting to set up online banking with Chase bank.
    Any suggestions? Thanks.
    > Ron

6. 6 Posted by -Kevin N. on 29 May, 2018 10:45 PM

Hi Ron,

Try this...

Log on to the Chase web site.
    In the upper left-hand corner, click on the 3-horizontal bars icon.
    In the resulting list of items, click on 'Secure Messages'.
    A separate window will open to your secure messages inbox.
    See if you have a message there with instructions on how to verify your identity.

7. 7 Posted by Ronald on 30 May, 2018 12:36 AM

Kevin,

Thank you! That worked. It was pending a “final step” to confirm what I’d already done. Weird. Thanks.

8. 8 Posted by -Kevin N. on 30 May, 2018 01:34 AM

Hi Ron,

You're welcome. I'm glad to hear that you were able to get this sorted.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac