Communication Error with TD Bank Online

Robert Allen

21 Apr, 2018 09:25 PM

Can you provide any insight on the connection issue I am having. I am using MoneyDance 2008r2 (617).
Here is the error message I am receiving:

There was an error communicating with your financial institution. The details of this error are below.

A communication or parsing error occurred. This could be the result of a network problem, a proxy error or misconfigured server.
Error Description:
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
java.security.cert.CertificationException: Untrusted Server Certificate Chain

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ian O on 22 Apr, 2018 08:54 AM

Hi Robert,

Sorry to hear of the issue you have encountered while using Moneydance. It would appear that TD Bank have retired one of their older certificates which has broken the connection in the older version of Moneydance.

If you'd like to upgrade to the latest version, Moneydance 2017, you can enter your current license key into the 'Upgrading?' box on this page to redeem a 50% discount against the upgrade cost. You can download Moneydance 2017 from here. If you are unsure of your license key, it should be viewable in your current installation of Moneydance 2008. Simply navigate within Moneydance to Help --> About Moneydance and the license key should be displayed in the resulting window.

If you do decide to upgrade, I would recommend taking a backup/copy of your data set before hand. You'll be jumping a good few versions of Moneydance and this will guard against any issues that might occur during the upgrade.

If you would prefer not to upgrade, you should still be able to easily import your data into the program. The best way to get your files into Moneydance without a direct connection is to use a web browser to download them from your bank's web site.
    You can download into QFX, OFX, OFC or QIF files (aka Quicken or MS Money files), any of which will import cleanly into Moneydance. You can find the steps for manually importing your data in this article.
    You can also open your banks website directly from Moneydance by selecting Online --> Open Account Website, which makes the download process easier.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or need any assistance.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

20 May, 2018 03:52 AM
20 May, 2018 01:58 AM
20 May, 2018 01:13 AM