Same issue. Started roughly 4/14 or 4/13. I've used the same linked accounts for more than half a year previously with no problems. As other posters stated, works fine for Fidelity Brokerage but doesn't work any longer for NetBenefits. Thank you!
Ian O on 16 Apr, 2018 01:33 PM
We have had a number of customers report this issue with the Fidelity Netbenefits connection. I've checked our connection information in Moneydance and it does appear up to date.
From looking online, it would seem Moneydance is not the only personal finance software encountering this issue with Fidelity Netbenefits. Customers have reported this to Fidelity and have been informed that they are aware of this situation and currently working on a fix. I'll continue to monitor the situation and will update Moneydance's connection information for Fidelity Netbenefits if required.
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience, I'll update you as soon as there is further information.
I would like to add that Fidelity Netbenefits is again downloading, but there are big problems. The security names have changed, which would not be a big problem by itself. However, Moneydance will not match these new names to the old ones; in fact, the old ones are not even shown. Here is a specific example:
Old security name: JHANCOCK DSCPL VAL I(OUPT)
New security name: JH DISCPL VALUE R6
Fine, so far. When transactions are downloaded, MD puts up a dialog box, regarding JH DISCPL VALUE R6, which asks, "Please choose the security that matches the information below. Your selection will be used to match downloaded transactions with the appropriate security." A dropdown list is given, but the original security (JHANCOCK DSCPL VAL) is NOT listed. I've tried changing the name, changing the security ID, nothing works. This behavior is consistent for all securities in my Fidelity account.
I think I see what I will have to do here. Create the new security, add it to the investment account, create a sell transaction for the exact number of shares with the old name, then create a buy transaction with the same number of shares for the new name. New downloads should then go to the new security, as well .Ugh.
djlaura - I believe if you can establish what the new security name is, you can "bulk" change names for all the entries with the old security name, replacing it with the "new" name. Still a lot of work, but beats entering and deleting line by line transaction.
then: I may be wrong, but it seems to work for this situation to go to Tools-->Securities and select the affected security. Choose Edit, change the old name to the new name - I'd change both the Security Name and Security ID - and then all the old security names will be automatically the new names. And I'd want to do a download that involves the security name and make sure all is well. Maybe do the experiment on your copy file and see what happens.