Fidelity NetBenefits not syncing

djlauria

14 Apr, 2018 07:33 PM

Fidelity NetBenefits has worked reliably with Moneydance for years, for downloading retirement account transactions. However, it now just generates the following error:

The given customer ID or PIN is not valid. For more information, contact your financial institution.

Additional information from the server:
Error occurred logging in

Any ideas? Obviously, I've checked logged into their web site in order to check my password, etc. Everything there works fine.

1. 1 Posted by kcaran on 14 Apr, 2018 11:07 PM

I have the same issue. The "normal" Fidelity downloads are fine. I even changed my username away from my SSN but it didn't help.

2. 2 Posted by mmd on 15 Apr, 2018 03:49 PM

Same issue. Started roughly 4/14 or 4/13. I've used the same linked accounts for more than half a year previously with no problems. As other posters stated, works fine for Fidelity Brokerage but doesn't work any longer for NetBenefits. Thank you!

3. 3 Posted by John on 15 Apr, 2018 04:50 PM

ongoing threads on this topic:
    http://help.infinitekind.com/discussions/online-banking/9112-is-it-me-or-is-netbenefits-not-allowing-connections-again

http://help.infinitekind.com/discussions/online-banking/9059-connecting-to-fidelity-investments

Seems like devs are aware. Seems like Fidelity is somewhat reluctantly aware. I think we are in wait and see mode to see if a solution is offered from MD or Fidelity.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Ian O on 16 Apr, 2018 01:33 PM

Hi All,

We have had a number of customers report this issue with the Fidelity Netbenefits connection. I've checked our connection information in Moneydance and it does appear up to date.

From looking online, it would seem Moneydance is not the only personal finance software encountering this issue with Fidelity Netbenefits. Customers have reported this to Fidelity and have been informed that they are aware of this situation and currently working on a fix. I'll continue to monitor the situation and will update Moneydance's connection information for Fidelity Netbenefits if required.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience, I'll update you as soon as there is further information.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

5. 5 Posted by djlauria on 09 Jun, 2018 12:12 AM

I would like to add that Fidelity Netbenefits is again downloading, but there are big problems. The security names have changed, which would not be a big problem by itself. However, Moneydance will not match these new names to the old ones; in fact, the old ones are not even shown. Here is a specific example:
    Old security name: JHANCOCK DSCPL VAL I(OUPT)
    New security name: JH DISCPL VALUE R6
    Fine, so far. When transactions are downloaded, MD puts up a dialog box, regarding JH DISCPL VALUE R6, which asks, "Please choose the security that matches the information below. Your selection will be used to match downloaded transactions with the appropriate security." A dropdown list is given, but the original security (JHANCOCK DSCPL VAL) is NOT listed. I've tried changing the name, changing the security ID, nothing works. This behavior is consistent for all securities in my Fidelity account.

6. 6 Posted by djlauria on 20 Jun, 2018 12:45 PM

Bumping this thread to see if anyone has a suggestion on what to do with the problem, above. Although downloads have resumed, I'm unable to match the new security names with the old.

7. 7 Posted by djlauria on 04 Jul, 2018 03:31 PM

I think I see what I will have to do here. Create the new security, add it to the investment account, create a sell transaction for the exact number of shares with the old name, then create a buy transaction with the same number of shares for the new name. New downloads should then go to the new security, as well .Ugh.

8. 8 Posted by John on 11 Jul, 2018 07:03 PM

djlaura - I believe if you can establish what the new security name is, you can "bulk" change names for all the entries with the old security name, replacing it with the "new" name. Still a lot of work, but beats entering and deleting line by line transaction.

9. 9 Posted by quotient on 11 Jul, 2018 07:44 PM

I'm just a user, not support.

Make a backup of your file first.

then: I may be wrong, but it seems to work for this situation to go to Tools-->Securities and select the affected security. Choose Edit, change the old name to the new name - I'd change both the Security Name and Security ID - and then all the old security names will be automatically the new names. And I'd want to do a download that involves the security name and make sure all is well. Maybe do the experiment on your copy file and see what happens.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac