Online Banking Issues

MaryAnn Sinwell

03 Apr, 2018 12:30 AM

I had to recently change a number of passwords including the one that goes with my AmEx account. In the process of changing it, my ID ended up getting changed too. Not when I Download All Accounts, it tries to download transactions twice for AmEx. One fails and says the account is not found and 1 that completes. It seems like even though I've changed the account MoneyDance thinks there's 2 instead of 1. What can I do to get this corrected?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ian O on 03 Apr, 2018 10:32 AM

Hi Mary,

Can you try re-creating your connection with your financial institution and see if that fixes the issue that you're seeing? You will need to disable your current connection to your bank and then recreate it using the New Connection button on the Online Banking Setup screen. To do so, you can follow these steps:

1. Select your bank account in Moneydance

2. Select the Online->Setup Online Banking button/menu

3. Click the "Disable" button.  If you don't see a disable button, just close the setup window.

4. Repeat the previous steps for any additional accounts at the same institution.
    5. Select the Online->Setup Online Banking button/menu (again)

6. Click the "New Connection" button and select your bank and hit OK
    7. Continue with the setup process, entering your username/password

Make sure you pick new connection, even though your bank is still one of the connection choices after you disable it. Choosing your bank from the list of available banks will force Moneydance to download the updated information, which should then allow you to connect.

Please let me know if you continue to have connection problems after recreating your connection.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by MaryAnn Sinwell on 03 Apr, 2018 11:50 PM

Ian - Unfortunately, that did not fix he problem. It still thinks there's 2 accounts when there's only one.

MaryAnn

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ian O on 04 Apr, 2018 10:29 AM

Hi MaryAnn,

Sorry to hear the issue persists. Can you test to see if this behaviour remains in a new blank data set? You can create a new data set by navigating to File --> New, and use the File --> Open option to switch between data sets. If things behave as they should in the new data set, this would suggest an issue in your original data set, that we can look to resolve.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by MaryAnn Sinwell on 10 Apr, 2018 11:51 PM

Sorry it took me so long to respond - I was away.

I made a new file. Added the AmEx Card and online data. Downloaded and it was fine. Please let me know how you want to proceed from here.

Thanks,
    MaryAnn

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Ian O on 11 Apr, 2018 09:22 AM

No problem Mary. Thanks for testing that. I'm sending a file called remove_all_services.py that will force clear the all current connection information for your banks in your data set. Before proceeding, please back up your Moneydance data set, just in case something goes wrong. You can create a backup using the File --> "Export Backup" menu option. So far, this hasn't caused any problems, but better safe than sorry!

To use the .py file, first save it to your computer and then follow these steps:

1. In Moneydance, select Window --> Python Scripting.
    2. In the window that opens, select 'Open Script' then navigate to the .py file wherever you saved it on your system.
    3. Select 'Run' to execute the file.
    4. Wait a few moments until you see a message on screen, confirming the script has run successfully.

Once you have run the python script you should be able to set up connections with your banks as if for the first time. Please let me know how you get on.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

6. 6 Posted by MaryAnn Sinwell on 12 Apr, 2018 01:19 AM

Ian - That’s not what I expected. I used the script, confirmed that there was no online accounts set up, entered them 1 by 1. Told MD to download all accounts and the problem is back. So another piece of info. My AmEx account is labeled as “Delta American Express”. The message I get says American Express not found, then it continues on and comes to Delta American Express (after it processes a Chase account), and it processes fine. I’m stuck and bewildered at this point.

MaryAnn

7. 7 Posted by MaryAnn Sinwell on 12 Apr, 2018 01:43 AM

Ian - Figured it out…had an inactive account that was trying to download transactions. I don’t know why it tried to start just now, but I removed online banking from it (after I made it visible again) and it fixed the problem.

Thanks for your help.

MaryAnn

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

20 May, 2018 03:52 AM
20 May, 2018 01:58 AM
20 May, 2018 01:13 AM