PNC Banking Direct Connect Logon ID issues - invalid credentials

Steve

09 Jan, 2018 12:24 AM

I'm going to post this because I searched for this issue and could not find clear instructions.
I know people have problems with PNC because they don't support anything but Quicken. It was a runaround for me because I didn't get through to the correct area. But here are the steps.

1. apply for direct connect pin online. Do not call, I found calling them unhelpful as they issued pin numbers for other PNC Accounts I have, even though I told them which account. One guy even told me the pin expired and then sent me one for the wrong account.
2. Wait until you receive it in the mail When you open it, it will say, " this is your personalized identification Number (PIN), which is needed to set up your Quicken or QuickBooks Direct Connect access with PNC Bank"
3. Once you have the Pin Number, you need to call PNC and ask for direct connect technical support.
4. Tell the operator that you are using Quicken.
5. PNC system generates a user ID for you. You must call to get it. IT IS NOT YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER AND ENTERING YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER WILL NOT WORK.
6. Once you have your correct user ID, then setup the account - enter the system user id, old pin, new pin (twice)
7. Then download your transactions using your system generated id and new password

It works like a charm for me now.

The whole thing took me 7 weeks because I kept getting the wrong area in PNC and kept getting the wrong information. It also did not help that I have my kids accounts, so total I had two checking accounts and a virtual wallet account.

Good Luck!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ian O on 09 Jan, 2018 11:26 AM

Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear you had such a run around getting your accounts activated and correctly downloading in Moneydance. I appreciate you taking the time to note down your experiences and recommendations, they will no doubt prove very useful for other PNC Moneydance customers.

Thanks again,

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

2. System closed this discussion on 10 Apr, 2018 11:30 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac