Central Bank of Boone County connection error

Rob Hausam

27 Dec, 2017 05:50 PM

Central Bank of Boone County is on the list of supported financial institutions (which is one of the main reasons that I chose it). But when I try to connect to my new checking account (active as of yesterday) I'm getting this error:

There was an error communicating with your financial institution. The details of this error are below.

Bank Name: Central Bank of Boone County-Pers

The error code reported by the server was: 2000

Intuit Quicken 2015 is not supported by Central Bank Boone - Personal

The Central Bank web site says that they support "The current year’s version or two prior year’s version of Quicken or QuickBooks", which should include 2015. I also spoke with Central Bank online banking support, and they confirmed that they do support Quicken 2015. Are there suggestions on what to do to get this to work in Moneydance?

Rob

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 27 Dec, 2017 08:28 PM

Error code 2000 is a very general catch all type of error, however it often means that your accounts have not been enabled for Direct Connect.

Direct Connect will usually use different infrastructure than what Internet Banking uses, as such it will often require a different username/password combination, many banks also require that the service be specifically enabled on your accounts.

Have you requested your bank to enable direct connect so that you can use Application based banking with "Quicken" and be given the username/password you need to use?

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Ian O on 28 Dec, 2017 02:52 PM

Hi Rob,

Sorry to hear of the issue you have encountered when connecting with your bank in Moneydance. Can you let me know what version of Moneydance you are using? You can check this within Moneydance by navigating to Moneydance --> About Moneydance.

Could you send me the contents of your error console? This should let me know exactly what is happening when Moneydance is establishing a connection. Here's how to get the logs:

1)  In Moneydance, click on the Help menu and select the Console Window option.  This will open the console messages window.
    2) While the Console Window is open, attempt to connect to your bank.  Any error messages should be recorded to the Console.
    3) Select all of the text in the Console and use the "Copy to Clipboard" button at the bottom to copy the text.
    4) Paste the text from the message window into a text file (preferably saved with a .txt extension) and attach that file to your response here.

The debugging logs that this produces will contain your account information.  I've made sure that this conversation is private, so the info won't be broadcast to the world, but just to be safe you should redact any account info in the debug logs.  Just replace it with something like "ACCOUNT NUMBER HERE" and it should be fine.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

3. 3 Posted by Rob Hausam on 28 Dec, 2017 04:47 PM

Thanks, Ian. I'm using version 2017.6 (1656). I've attached the console output. I didn't see the specific account information to replace - so this is the unedited copy. The output looks interesting (I'm experienced with REST interface exchanges and I've looked at OFX messages before), but I didn't detect the specific error here, so I'll be interested in hearing what you come up with.

Rob

4. 4 Posted by Rob Hausam on 03 Jan, 2018 08:50 PM

Is there any follow up on this?

Rob

5. 5 Posted by Rob Hausam on 08 Jan, 2018 01:47 PM

I'm still interested in a solution for this problem.

Rob

6. 6 Posted by Rob Hausam on 17 Jan, 2018 03:09 PM

Is there any update?

Rob

7. 7 Posted by Rob Hausam on 25 Jan, 2018 05:48 PM

I'm still hoping for an update.

Rob

8. 8 Posted by Rob Hausam on 05 Feb, 2018 04:22 PM

I guess I'll keep pinging periodically until I hear something one way or the other. I hope you are finding and working on a fix for this.

9. 9 Posted by Rob Hausam on 24 Feb, 2018 02:22 AM

This is starting to get serious. I actually chose Central Bank for my new account primarily because Moneydance showed that it was supported for online banking. Now, once I have the account all set up, I've found out that it isn't supported, at all - it's still not connecting, giving the same error message about Quicken 2015 not being supported. If this keeps up, I'm probably going to have to switch away from Moneydance and actually move to Quicken. I need to have this working, or at least have an expectation about when it will be working! Thanks.

Rob

10. 10 Posted by Rob Hausam on 24 Feb, 2018 02:24 AM

I even updated to the 2017.7 preview release, but nothing has changed.

Rob

11. Support Staff 11 Posted by Ian O on 27 Feb, 2018 10:20 AM

Hi Rob,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the lack of response on this thread. I'm not entirely sure why I wasn't receiving notifications. I'll ensure you receive much speedier responses from here out.

I've checked our connection information we have for Central Bank of Boone County-Pers and it appears to be up to date. From what I am able to test in Moneydance, the connection looks fully operational.

Can you first try re-creating your connection with your financial institution again and see if that fixes the issue that you're seeing? You will need to disable your current connection to your bank and then recreate it using the New Connection button on the Online Banking Setup screen. To do so, you can follow these steps:

1. Select your bank account in Moneydance

2. Select the Online->Setup Online Banking button/menu

3. Click the "Disable" button.  If you don't see a disable button, just close the setup window.

4. Repeat the previous steps for any additional accounts at the same institution.
    5. Select the Online->Setup Online Banking button/menu (again)

6. Click the "New Connection" button and select your bank and hit OK
    7. Continue with the setup process, entering your username/password

Make sure you pick new connection, even though your bank is still one of the connection choices after you disable it. Choosing your bank from the list of available banks will force Moneydance to download the updated information, which should then allow you to connect.

If you continue to have connection problems after recreating your connection, can you send me another copy of your logs and I'll see if this contains something more useful? If I'm unable to explain what you are seeing, I'll ask for some input from Moneydance's lead developer.

Please accept my apologies again for the long wait you have had in getting a response on this issue.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

12. 12 Posted by Rob Hausam on 28 Feb, 2018 07:30 AM

Thanks for the follow-up, Ian. There was no "Disable" button - probably because so far the process hasn't been successful. I'm still having exactly the same problem when I attempt to make the connection. I've attached the log and also a screenshot of the error message that I get.

13. 13 Posted by Rob Hausam on 05 Apr, 2018 09:26 PM

Anything further on this? I still would like to have a way to make this work.

Rob

14. 14 Posted by Rob Hausam on 18 Apr, 2018 11:37 AM

Can we make some progress on this? Or, if necessary, tell me that it's not possible so I can figure out how I should move on?

Rob

15. 15 Posted by Rob Hausam on 20 Apr, 2018 10:37 PM

Is it possible to make some progress on this?

Rob

16. Support Staff 16 Posted by Ian O on 21 Apr, 2018 11:21 AM

Hi Rob,

Please accept my apologies for the unacceptable length of time you have been waiting for a response on this thread. I've checked our connection information for 'Central Bank of Boone County-Pers' and it still looks to be operational.

Have you contacted your bank to enable direct connect services on the account? The error you are receiving suggests that Direct Connect is not active, or that the incorrect credentials are being used to connect.

Many financial institutions will require you to enable your accounts for application-based online banking. You can accomplish this by asking your bank to set up your account for direct connections from Quicken. Moneydance uses exactly the same OFX server connection protocol as Quicken but your bank representative may not know this and mistakenly believe that you can not connect in Moneydance. Calling up your bank and stating precisely the following should get you started. "Please enable direct connect on my account such that I can connect to your servers directly with Quicken. Also give me the login credentials I need to connect Quicken to this service."

Application-based online banking often requires a different login/PIN than the ones that are used for ATM or web-based banking. When you enable your account for access from Moneydance or Quicken, your financial institution should let you know what customer ID/login and PIN to use.

I'd like to apologise again for the unacceptable wait you have endured in hearing back from us. I'll ensure you receive speedier responses going forward.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

17. 17 Posted by Rob Hausam on 21 Apr, 2018 03:59 PM

I just did all of this again this morning with a customer service rep from the online banking department of Central Bank of Boone County on the line as I did it. We again went through all of the steps and verified the credentials on the bank side and then got the same error as before (that I sent the screenshot and console log of) on the Moneydance side. The online banking rep confirmed that Central Bank supports the Quicken 2016 - 2018 versions, but does not support Quicken 2015 (as noted in the error message). So it appears to me that very likely there is a Quicken version compatibility issue with Moneydance, and that it may not be fully compliant with the 2016 or later Quicken protocols?

Rob

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

20 May, 2018 03:52 AM
20 May, 2018 01:58 AM
20 May, 2018 01:13 AM