Two merging questions

Karl

16 Dec, 2017 01:44 PM

First, I now have my investment account set up so that I am using the bank register and recording checks sent and deposits made. I entered a deposit (transferred from another account at the same institution) but when I downloaded transactions for the account MD only gives me the option to 'Confirm' the transaction instead of merging it with the one I had previously entered. Is this expected behavior? If it is, please advise if I am supposed to confirm the transaction after correcting the wrong account that MD picked for the transfer and then delete the transaction I had entered manually. If it isn't, how do I merge the transactions?

Second, I have automatic merging set to a reasonable 5 days in preferences, but someone just held onto a check for over two weeks. When that check is downloaded from the bank, is there a way to manually merge it with the entry instead of adjusting my preferences and letting MD do it "automatically"?

1. 1 Posted by Karl on 10 Jan, 2018 04:08 PM

Bump

2. 2 Posted by GoneCamping on 17 Jan, 2018 02:25 AM

With regards to your 2nd question, you can go back to 90 days... and even then, sometimes it's not enough... Sometimes people (and some organizations) sit on checks for months before cashing them. Your request (of being able to manually merge) has been asked OFTEN over the past few YEARS, and we still don't have it... Just search for "manual merge" in the discussions, and you'll see what I mean. Historically, IK is a bit on the slow side to implement new features... BTW, most banks accept checks up to 180 days (6 months), and some may even go beyond.

Personally, I wouldn't trust "automatic", as some transactions are very similar and close in dates...

3. System closed this discussion on 18 Apr, 2018 02:30 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac