Syncning bank with money dance

Craig Mast

05 Dec, 2017 10:00 PM

I am running into this error when trying to connect my chase account with Moneydance. Any thoughts on how to get past this?

1. 1 Posted by mkhicks on 06 Dec, 2017 04:16 AM

Interesting. I'm getting the same error message setting up my Wells Fargo Bank accounts. I'm running version .5. The bank says they do not support MoneyDance yet everything seems to say otherwise, except for the initial attempt to connect with the Bank.

It would be nice if somebody go point us in the right direction. MoneyDance is useless to me if I can access my bank transactions.

2. 2 Posted by dwg on 06 Dec, 2017 04:38 AM

Error 2000 usually means your account has not been set up to allow for Online application based banking - what Moneydance calls Direct Connect. Quicken often will use what they call Web Connect which uses your standard web login. Direct Connect may or may not use the same login details but it also may require that your account be authorized to use it.

Search in the forums for your banks and I'm sure you will find the details of what you need to do, I have seen references to these banks in the forums before.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ian O on 07 Dec, 2017 01:17 PM

Hi,

dwg is correct, the error you are seeing is a fairly general error but does usually suggest that the account is not active for Direct Connect access or that there is some misconfiguration on the bank's end. Hopefully once you've checked this you'll be able to connect in Moneydance without further issues. If you continue to encounter issues, please let me know and we'll create a private thread where we can troubleshoot further.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by mkhicks on 07 Dec, 2017 02:40 PM

I have been informed by Wells Fargo Bank that a DirectConnect can ONLY be made through Quicken. They cannot (?) turn on the connection from their end, without Quicken, and the monthly fee is $9.95. Once I reinstalled Quicken and DirectConnect service MoneyDance worked fine....but it's useless having to maintain two programs so I'm giving up MoneyDance and walk off into the sunset with tears in my eyes and a minor ulcer.

5. 5 Posted by mkhicks on 07 Dec, 2017 02:44 PM

My apologies for hijacking the thread from Craig. It was not my intention. I was hoping the solution would work for both. I hope someone can help him with Chase.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screen_Shot_2017-12-05_at_2.58.28_PM.png 148 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

17 Dec, 2017 03:21 PM
17 Dec, 2017 03:05 PM
17 Dec, 2017 02:58 PM