Can MD open a qfx file?

David Zucker

14 Nov, 2017 05:04 PM

My bank doesn't offer the option of .ofx or other files - only qfx. Can MD open those? It gives me an error message when I try to import the qfx file. I upgraded from an earlier version because I thought the newer version would have more import options. It is possible that the download from the bank was corrupted I suppose.

Thanks
David

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 14 Nov, 2017 05:32 PM

Hi David,

MD is able to import OFX, OFC, QFX and QIF file formats into Bank, Credit Card and Investment accounts.

Through the use of an extension, it can also import formatted CSV and TXT files into Bank and Credit Card accounts

Something that you can try is to drag-n-drop the QFX file onto the opened MD window and see if you have any better results.

If not, provide the exact error message along with the version and build number of MD that you are using. Also, your OS so as to help the support staff in helping you.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

2. 2 Posted by David Zucker on 14 Nov, 2017 08:31 PM

Thanks Kevin. I figured out what I was doing wrong and I'm all set.

Appreciatively,
    David

Sent from my iPhone

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac