Capital One

sgreaber

22 Oct, 2017 08:46 PM

Is there a plan to add non-360 version of Capital One sign on for Credit Cards?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ian O on 23 Oct, 2017 02:42 PM

Hi,

Although Capital One do support Direct Connect, unfortunately they do not support direct OFX connections for their Credit Card accounts. If they decide in future to provide Direct Connect access to all accounts, we will be more than happy to assist in setting up a connection. Unfortunately, the decision to support this connection lies with the bank. Direct Connect requires specific infrastructure to be set up on the banks ends for Moneydance to connect to.

Without Direct Connect, the best way to get your transactions into Moneydance is to use a web browser to download them from your bank's web site. You can download into QFX, OFX or OFC files (aka Quicken or MS Money files), any of which will import cleanly into Moneydance.

You can also open your bank's download page directly (after entering the appropriate address in the Account --> Edit Account menu) by going to the menu bar and selecting Online --> Open Account Website, which makes the download process easier.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can be of further assistance.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by lyndaleet on 08 Jan, 2018 10:41 PM

My capital one cc account connects to Mint and YNAB for realtime data. Is that a different connection type? I'd really like to use your product, but use my Cap One card extensively so would prefer to have as close to realtime data as possible. Thanks

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ian O on 09 Jan, 2018 12:27 PM

Hi Lynda,

There are two methods that personal finance software can use to access your accounts Direct Connect and Web Connect. With Web Connect, the software basically connects to your bank's website and downloads and imports OFX, QFX, QIF, and OFC files automatically. Direct Connect actually connects to a server at your bank instead of their website and usually requires different login credentials than you would use to log into your banks website. From a user's perspective, these two connections look basically identical. Moneydance only supports automatic connections through Direct Connect and not Web Connect. Your bank is most likely using Web Connect with other personal finance applications.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance!

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

4. System closed this discussion on 10 Apr, 2018 12:30 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac