How do you delete an online bank profile in MD2017

D. Clark

08 Jun, 2017 03:24 PM

This was posted in January of 2017 but IK never responded. The old Python script from 2015 does not work in the 2017 version. So, How do you delete an online bank profile in MD2017???. I would really appreciate a solution rather than being ignored.

Why does IK post 'new' versions but not incorporate fixes for these small, but annoying issues?

Thanks in advance,
D. Clark

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 08 Jun, 2017 03:55 PM

Hi D. Clark,

I posted about this issue again in March, but I got no response.
    http://help.infinitekind.com/discussions/problems/31532-remove_one_...

-Kevin N.
    (not a member of MD support)

2. 2 Posted by -Kevin N. on 12 Jul, 2017 04:16 PM

Hi D. Clark,

I installed the MD 2015 version of the Python Interface extension into MD 2017. (even though MD 2017 has it's own built in Python interface)

I was able to run the remove_one_service.py script using the older interface.

You can d/l the Python extension from here:
    http://infinitekind.com/extensions

-Kevin N.

3. 3 Posted by David Clark on 12 Jul, 2017 04:44 PM

Interesting. I am unable to get it to run in MD2017. I have seen that others have the very same problem. Lucky you.

DC

4. 4 Posted by David Clark on 12 Jul, 2017 04:48 PM

In fact, here is what I get when I attempt to run it in MD 2017:

Error running script: Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Users\David\Documents\MoneyDance\remove_one_service_2015.py", line 7, in <module>

selectedValue = JOptionPane.showInputDialog(None, "Select a service to delete", "Select a Service to Delete", JOptionPane.INFORMATION_MESSAGE, None, services.toArray(), services[0])

NameError: name 'JOptionPane' is not defined

Do you have an explanation for this?

I am extremely HOW you got it to run in MD 2017. You are apparently the only person to get it to run. Hmm, maybe you have a tiny incremental updated version of MD 2017 where they (IK) has fixed this scripting issue. I don’t know.

DC

5. 5 Posted by -Kevin N. on 12 Jul, 2017 05:12 PM

Hi DC,
    MD 2017.4 (1623)
    Win 10 Home 64-bit

Have you installed the MD 2015 version of the Python Interface?

Once it's installed, go to the Extensions menu and click on the Python Interface item.

Run the script from within that interface. Make sure that you're running the script for MD 2015 and up. There are some older versions of remove_one_service.py posted that were designed for earlier versions of Moneydance. These will not work.

The script will not run for me using the built in Python Interface in MD 2017. It throws an error. It has to be run in the MD 2015 Python Interface.

-Kevin N.

6. 6 Posted by David Clark on 13 Jul, 2017 03:10 AM

I have decided to ignore it. If IK can’t make decent software with some fairly basic functionality, I am not going to spend time messing with it. Stop emailing me.

DC

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Ian O on 14 Jul, 2017 02:12 PM

Hi David,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the lack of contact from us on this thread. The script itself is fine, it was how Moneydance 2017 was running python wasn't totally compatible with the app sandbox. If you download the latest preview build of Moneydance 2017 from here this issue is corrected and you should be able to use the script going forward.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

8. System closed this discussion on 13 Oct, 2017 02:20 PM.

9. David Clark re-opened this discussion on 03 Jan, 2018 12:25 AM

10. 8 Posted by David Clark on 03 Jan, 2018 12:25 AM

Hello Ian O,

I am using build 1653 (which was new a month or two ago) and am still *not* able to delete an online bank profile.

Perhaps it would help if I told you why I want to delete this profile. It is the Discover Card profile. It is not working. I thought that if I deleted it and then set it up again, perhaps it would work??? It used to work but hasn't for most of last year or longer.

Thank you,
    David Clark
    =============================

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac