Error (again) with Quotes and Exchange Rates

sprimost

18 May, 2017 06:04 PM

Using version 1001 with MD 2017.3 (1604). Ever since the correction for the previous error with Q&ER fixed the https issue, it has been working great until a couple of days ago, when it, again, started complaining on the update with "<security>: received response 502 Messge "Connection". At the completion it would give the expected number of updates and the exact same number of errors. Looking at the securities, it seems to get the current day's quote, but I suspect that it is not getting any history. I have no evidence that this is the case (red herring? message).

The 502 Bad Gateway error is an HTTP status code that means that one server on the internet received an invalid response from another server. I tried restarting (close/start MD as well as restarting the system (no, I am not on Windows!) but that did not help. Can someone clarify what is going on, or what i can do to clear this message?

1. 1 Posted by hmb on 19 May, 2017 07:08 PM

Just confirming...I see the same problem. For each stock, the current quote is correct but the error happens and history is not filled in. Moneydance 2017.2(1597), Q&ER extension V1001, MacOS 10.12.5. It started failing sometime after May 12, not sure exactly when but that's the last day of complete history I have.

2. 2 Posted by Wissam on 20 May, 2017 01:42 PM

Running MD 2017.3 (1612) with Q&ER v1001 and seeing the same errors on both Mac and Windows computers

3. 3 Posted by Ronald White on 22 May, 2017 05:36 AM

I am seeing the same error; it has been that way for about a month. Any plan on fixing this? Please advise.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Henry on 22 May, 2017 11:57 AM

Hi All,

We've been looking into this issue further and it seems all customers are encountering a 500 error - either 502 or 504.

We've located a thread on the Yahoo forum, where unfortunately a Yahoo support representative has confirmed that Yahoo Finance API has been discontinued.
    From the changes that have been made, it seems like Yahoo is trying to prevent people from automated downloading like Moneydance (and so many others) are doing.

Our lead developer has mentioned that we may be able to make a change, that means the Moneydance connection will pose as a browser, rather than a program. This may allow the connection. However, it seems very likely that this will turn into a 'cat-and-mouse' game.

We'll be looking into other services we can use instead - please advise if you are aware of any which may be suitable.

Henry
    Infinite Kind Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac