"Reset Sync" button question

brucealexand

21 Mar, 2017 12:27 AM

What does the "Reset Sync" button do in the "Online Banking Service" dialog box?
I've looked through the MD manual and knowledge base but can't find a reference to it.

See attached screen shot.

Since I've been using my web browser to down load QIF files and then importing them into MD, I've not used the Online Download functions. I'm hoping that the "Reset Sync"button will prevent all of the records that I've already downloaded from getting re-loaded.

Please advise and thanks,
Bruce Alexander

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 21 Mar, 2017 01:39 AM

Hi Bruce,

The 'Reset Sync' button really only pertains to those accounts that are set up for OFX direct-connect.

Clicking 'Reset Sync' tells Moneydance to download any and all available data from the OFX server of the financial institution in question - regardless if it was already downloaded before. As you can imagine, this has the potential to create a large number of duplicate transactions.

In your case where you are manually importing QIF files, it is my understanding that the 'Reset Sync' button would be impotent for that particular account.

-Kevin N.
    (not a member of MD support)

2. 2 Posted by brucealexand on 21 Mar, 2017 11:21 AM

Thanks for the answer and your prompt reply.
    Great service.

Bruce Alexander

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• MoneyDanceOnlineQuestion_03-20-2017.tiff 55.9 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac