Problems setting up bank accounts with the same bank; error code 2003

bobeannie

31 May, 2015 10:06 PM

I just purchased Moneydance and I'm trying to set up online banking for my 4 accounts with Wells Fargo. I started by creating a new account for each one and entered the account number and routing number. Then I set each up for online banking individually. Then I tried to download the transactions for each account but it asked me for the password on each account, even though I use the same username/password to access all 4 accounts on my bank's website. Once it downloaded the transactions, I saw that it downloaded all the same transactions in each account, instead of the ones specific to each account. I also saw that when I viewed the accounts in Moneydance, it changed the account number/ routing number to the first account I had created (the same account that the transactions were incorrectly downloaded from).

I deleted all the transactions from the accounts they are not associated with. I then went into one and re-entered the correct account number and routing number and tried to download transactions for that one account. Then I got this error:
The error code reported by the server was: 2003
The specified account could not be found.

Please help

1. 1 Posted by David Hanley on 01 Jun, 2015 11:26 AM

Hi,

Can you try re-creating your connection with your financial institution and see if that fixes the issue that you're seeing? You will need to disable your current connection to your bank and then recreate it using the New Connection button on the Online Banking Setup screen. To do so, you can follow these steps:

1) Select your bank account in Moneydance

2) Select the Online->Setup Online Banking button/menu

3) Click the "Disable" button.  If you don't see a disable button, continue to step 5.

4) Select the Online->Setup Online Banking button/menu (again)

5) Click the "New Connection" button and select your bank and hit OK

6) Continue with the setup process, entering your username/password

7) Repeat steps 1-6 for any additional accounts

Make sure you pick new connection, even though your bank is still one of the connection choices after you disable it. Choosing your bank from the list of available banks will force Moneydance to download the updated information, which should then allow you to connect.

Please let me know if you continue to have connection problems after recreating your connection.

Hope this helps!

David Hanley
    Infinite Kind Support

2. System closed this discussion on 19 Mar, 2016 04:56 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac