Options greyed out while setting up Online Banking

Luke

08 Mar, 2019 07:40 PM

I have purchased MoneyDance (2019 version) and am attempting to set up Online Banking. The steps I take are:
Highlight my chosen account
Go to Online>SetUpOnlineBanking
Choose my bank from the list
Be sure the correct account is selected and hit next
Then on the next screen is where I have issues

The window asks for routing number, account number, customer ID, account type, and has two boxes to be checked for Online Banking and Bill Payment. Those two boxes are greyed out and I can not select / check the boxes. Moneydance does not ask me for a password for my account and I assume that is because the Online Banking box is not checked (which as described above, I can not check the boxes as they are greyed out).

Can you help clear this issue up for me?
Thanks
Luke

1. 1 Posted by alansommer86 on 10 Mar, 2019 01:07 AM

I am having the same problem, and am also using 2019.1 (1855)

Alan

2. 2 Posted by TonyRI on 10 Mar, 2019 02:15 AM

You may have to contact your financial institution(s) to enable direct connect:

http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/online-banking-and-bill-pay/direct-...

Regards,

Tony (Just another Moneydance customer like you)

3. 3 Posted by alansommer86 on 10 Mar, 2019 02:24 AM

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the comment. I had previously contacted my financial institution to enable Direct Connect, and it was working before, so I don't think that is the issue, unless I am missing something. But thanks for the reply. I'm hoping someone from MD will respond.

4. 4 Posted by TonyRI on 10 Mar, 2019 02:30 AM

Hi Alan,

You're welcome. It sounded like Luke was setting up for the first time.

You may wish to specify your bank for MD Support as it may be helpful for them to resolve your issue

5. 5 Posted by alansommer86 on 10 Mar, 2019 02:42 AM

Thanks Tony, good idea.

6. 6 Posted by avp2 on 13 Mar, 2019 08:30 PM

Be sure to select "new" in the setup online banking window. Some institution connection details change occasionally.

BTW, if the account was/is existing in your dB, the routing and account number fields should be, greyed or not, filled in. And, I have noticed them greyed out if the setup function thinks you are setting up the built-in web browser type connection method vs OFX. Assuming you are trying to set up OFX direct connect, you could kill browser connect for sure by removing you bank's URL from the Account settings to see if it helps.

7. 7 Posted by alansommer86 on 14 Mar, 2019 03:47 AM

avp2, thanks for the suggestion. I was careful to select "new", I have made that mistake before.

I tried removing the bank URL from the Account settings, but unfortunately, still not success.

I really appreciate your input!

8. 8 Posted by avp2 on 14 Mar, 2019 03:15 PM

I have been using MD since 2008 and have not seen, or heard, of your problem before. In my experience, the online setup window always gets its account and router numbers from the Account settings and the Bill Pay Online Banking checks from the bank on first online connection from the bank - depending on what your account provides. In other words, you do not normally have to fill those fields in doing online setup.

If your account is not setup in Account Setup, try doing that. If you have other accounts that work, it might be worth adding the troubled new account to the accounts setup with a different name, bank x for example, to see if the bad account just is messed up in your dB. If the new account works, you could then “batch change” whatever original account transactions you want to the new one and delete the old.

Check that your new version is registered as I think there are some download restrictions in an unregistered version. My 2019 version required entering a new reg number, vs using using the previous ones.

Besides the above, I am out of suggestions.

9. 9 Posted by alansommer86 on 17 Mar, 2019 12:18 AM

Thanks for the ideas, I'll give them a try.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac