QFX import not working for all account types

waynelloydsmith

05 Mar, 2019 01:11 AM

well I just updated to 2019-1 from 2017
went really good. Used the install script. A few surprises.
1-the New Java 11 dropped the use of /usr/java/packages/lib/ext for extension jars which I was using .
2- the version of sqlite that comes with moneydance is so old I cannot use it,(3.6.3 Sept 22 2008)
   I use 3.21.0 Oct 24 2017. (use it to get Seamonkey cookies to auto log into www.stockwatch.com.)
I've worked around both of these problems by moving half my code outside of the moneydance JVM.
doing it with jython /java8 and passing the results as csv files back to moneydance.
I download around 200 Canadian/US stock prices /exchange rates every day from www.stockwatch.com.
after I got the above sorted out I though I would try out your embedded browser.
I started it up and logged into ScotiaBank.. I tried to download qfx data for my chequing account and it failed ;
the QIF file worked but it isn't as smart so I ended up with a bunch of duplicates to delete.
I tried qfx on my credit card and the qfx worked great.
next I tried the old way . download the chequing account qfx file and drag and drop it on moneydance. it worked just like it always has.
The embedded browser is very cool . I would love to get the qfx file download working with all my accounts.
At the moment I cannot try it again because my accounts are all up to date.
 I'll write down the error code next time and send it to you.
Oh I'm running Slackware current (14.2+) 64 bit

/

1. 1 Posted by waynelloydsmith on 06 Mar, 2019 05:27 PM

further to my previous post.
    I tried to get the error code from the qfx import but now when I click "Online"
    the only selection that is not greyed out is "Download All Transactions"
    there was a selection for my chequing account here before. Its like it decided it
    doesn't like my Bank anymore. SO I cannot get the qfx error code. It did work for my credit card qfx download and my chequing (only QIF) before.
    the "Download All Transactions" doesn't do anything.
    Also if I click Help -> On Line Support. it opens a blank browser window.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac