First TN did it again -- can't download

Roxanne Coffey

12 Feb, 2019 02:46 AM

First TN apparently updated their systems and once again I can't download with Moneydance. Last time this happened after several attempts to download, resetting up the on-line banking, enabling and disabling, it eventually downloaded BUT it downloaded every transaction that it had already downloaded -- I had 2 of every transaction going back 2 years. It took me over 8 hours to fix our 2 checking and one savings account ... and toward the end I got tired and accidentally deleted a transaction from 8 months before -- just one-- but since these were previously reconciled transactions it messed up my balances. I can't go through that again. Is anyone else having this issue? I use Moneydance on a MAC and the error message from First Tennessee bank is :A communication or parsing error occurred. This could be the result of a network problem, a proxy error, or misconfigured server.
Error Description: java.io.IOException: HTTP Error:400 Bad Request

1. 1 Posted by rickt.445 on 12 Feb, 2019 04:52 AM

Right there with you Roxanne! I've been getting the same error since last Friday. Repeated attempts to recreate my connection have failed. This is my second time going through this. I only had a few months of data to go through. Now I have a years worth.

Rick

2. 2 Posted by amaxware on 12 Feb, 2019 12:02 PM

I can't get it to download at all , reset the online setup, but still not working.

3. 3 Posted by Roxanne Coffey on 12 Feb, 2019 02:16 PM

I have tried doing what I did last year -- removing all of the First TN on line banking set ups and then setting it up as a new connection. My plan was to do this for savings and if it doubled my transactions, at least it would be fewer than checking and then to set up my checking accounts as if they were new accounts - starting from my last balanced statements. Not ideal but worth saving 8 or more hours work.... unfortunately I'm stuck in some kind of loop now. I'd removed all the First TN connections. It didn't come up as a drop down box option. When I went to set up the new connection it asked for password. It then gives this error:There was an error communicating with your financial institution. The details of this error are below.

Bank Name: First Tennessee

A communication or parsing error occurred. This could be the result of a network problem, a proxy error, or misconfigured server.
    Error Description: java.io.IOException: HTTP Error:400 Bad Request

And then it asks which account I want to set up for line banking or bill pay BUT it does not let me select an account or check banking or bill pay. Thus I can't click next. I can only click cancel.

And since the set up was not completed I can't cancel it either.

4. 4 Posted by amaxware on 12 Feb, 2019 02:30 PM

I am on linux, but experience same thing. That doesn't help ;(

5. 5 Posted by Charlie Jordan on 15 Feb, 2019 01:56 PM

I'm experiencing the same problem. Even tried bringing up a fresh/clean instance of Moneydance and setting up a new connection to First Tennessee, got the same java exception.

I've grown tired of hassling with First Tennessee and am looking for another institution to do online banking/bill pay with....

Charlie Jordan
    Brentwood, TN

6. 6 Posted by Charlie Jordan on 15 Feb, 2019 03:33 PM

Spent some time on the phone with First Tennessee, got passed around a few times before finally talking with a tech who said "we're only trained to support Quicken. My manager said that we used to support Moneydance but that was a long time ago. We can only hep you if you're using Quicken...."

Anyone here have any experience with Fifth Third and online banking?

--Charlie

7. 7 Posted by Roxanne Coffey on 15 Feb, 2019 04:44 PM

I'd leave First TN but the company my husband works for uses them and in order for paychecks to clear rapidly, we have to stick with them. We also have our mortgage with them... (about 2 years left). When that's paid, we will be finding a new bank... I hate to do it but since nothing is working and our transactions are taking me 30 minutes a day to verify since I can't download (it is like reconciling every day by hand since we have auto payments) I think I might have to switch to Quicken.... ugh...

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac