Palpal QIF import fails

mike

11 Feb, 2019 01:01 AM

I just switched to Moneydance Mac 2019.1 and I'm trying to import a QIF file created by Palpal for my non-business account. This has worked a few months ago, but I don't know if it is 2019.1 or PayPal that has changed something. I request custom activity download from the PayPal web site and it creates what it calls a Quicken QIF format file. I try to import that an instead of importing about dozen transactions, I get one. If I try it a second time, I get a duplicate of the same transaction. After I click on import and select the file, I get the import dialog box that asks for the account name, date format, and decimal character.

Below is one of the transactions from the top of the QIF file that fails:

!Type:Cash
D09/22/2018
T-69.48
LeBay Auction Payment
SeBay Auction Payment
$-69.48
SFee
$0.00
CX
MMILWORK FLOO...
PWilson Floor
^

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 11 Feb, 2019 04:04 AM

I'm a fellow user.

I have just tried importing that one transaction in MD2019.1 (1855) and it worked as expected.

Does each transaction have a caret (^) after the transaction, missing this is one way of preventing QIF files loading correctly

2. 2 Posted by jcmoor1-nospam on 12 Feb, 2019 12:45 AM

I am having exactly the same problem with Paypal and Moneydance 2019.1(1855) on Windows 7. Only one transaction out of a group is imported. I can see all of he transactions when I open the qif file in notepad. See attached file. There is a caret after each transaction

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 12 Feb, 2019 01:49 AM

I'm a fellow user.

I have been able to use the file download.qif to reproduce a totally different problem reported in another thread, that is importing this file creates an account with the name "Imported Bank Account".

There is something not right happening with QIF imports.

4. 4 Posted by dwg on 12 Feb, 2019 01:54 AM

I have placed a pointer for the developer to this thread.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac