Download error code 2000 on a connection with Merril Edge/Lynch

clarkcm2017

15 Jan, 2019 03:58 PM

This is a re-submission of a problem that I raised on December 31st 2018. This problem was made "Private" by InfiniteKind Jenny when she asked for my console data (That was obviously of a private nature). I am closing the original "Private" issue and making it "Public" again as there are likely other people "in the same boat".

I was using a download connection to my Merrill Edge/Lynch Investment accounts for about nine months but when I changed my password last week it stopped working. I can still log into the Merril Edge WEB site OK but, even although I have changed my password in Moneydance I get the "Error 2000" when I try to "Download Transactions"

Yes, I have deleted the connection completely in Moneydance and have asked for a "New Connection" then "Merrill Lynch Investments" , put in my ID and PWD and Moneydance retrieves the relevant account number from Merrill Edge and I get the "We have all the info we need" message ....but it gives the Error 2000 response when I try to download.

Please help

Charlie

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Final response from Jenny dated 14th January 2019

Hi Charlie,

Since my last email, we've released an even newer version of Moneydance. This is version 2019.0 build 1847 and can be downloaded from this page.

Looking at the logs, it appears Moneydance is successfully connecting to your banks server. The server is returning the error -
"Your request cannot be completed at this time. Please try again or you may need to log in to the Merrill Lynch website to confirm that you're a valid user. For assistance please contact us at 1.800.MERRILL (637.7455)".

It could be that for security reasons, you need to re-enable or reconfirm Direct Connect access for your accounts since the password change.
On your banks site, do you have an inbox or secure message centre? There may be a message there that you need to confirm before you can get connected again within Moneydance.

Jenny
Infinite Kind Support

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After upgrading to the latest S/W version 2019.0 build 1847 and the download still failed to work. I discussed this again with Merrill Edge/Lynch technical Support they told me:
In late December Merrill Edge updated their OFX agreement with the various home S/W providers: Moneydance , Quicken etc.

This increased the safety/security required for such a linkage to be kept active (The reference I was given for the agreement was 84.49).

Anyway Moneydance has yet to agree with (and implement?) the agreement changes that Merrill edge/Lynch require before they will allow the Direct connect to function again.

Please look into this and hopefully you are able to comply with the agreement changes which would enable me to download transactions once more from Merrill Edge/Lynch into my Moneydance program.

Charles M Clark

1. 1 Posted by clarkcm2017 on 16 Jan, 2019 01:24 PM

Infinite Kind ...would you acknowledge this problem?

2. 2 Posted by clarkcm2017 on 22 Jan, 2019 02:05 PM

Jenny et al are you guys working on this?

3. 3 Posted by clarkcm2017 on 04 Feb, 2019 05:06 PM

OK Infinite Kind. I changed from Quicken early last year when they started to charge annually for downloading from financial institutions. I realize that they have a server(s) that hosts the data and this costs money. However Moneydsance uses "Direct Connect" which connects me to the financial institutions WEB site directly (at least I think that is how it works).

Once I joined Moneydance I realized that some of my financial institutions were not included in your list (HSBC and Woodforest to name a couple). However in the last 6 months a couple of the companies I deal with have now DROPPED OFF your list namely Capital One and, the reason for this discussion, Merrill Edge/Lynch.

All this means is that Moneydance is becoming less interesting for people to stay with them or, probably worse for Infinite Kind, actually join them.

You really need to put some attention and work into this list and at least, for my case, agree to Merril Edge/Lynch's new agreement and work with Capita One to see if you can get their Direct Connect working again (Might be a but difficult since I belvie Capital One are now in bed with Quicken so they probably want to squeeze other S/W programs like yours out, in favor of making money on their own.

So stop ignoring this issue and at least say you are going to do something about it (them).

Thank you in anticipation.

Charlie

4. 4 Posted by clarkcm2017 on 07 Feb, 2019 07:03 PM

I am closing this issue and opening up a general issue:

Reducing number of Financial Institutions who will allow Direct connect to Moneydance. IK needs to address this where they can

Hopefully Infinite Kind folks will pay attention to that issue.

5. clarkcm2017 closed this discussion on 07 Feb, 2019 07:04 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac