Assigning a Transfer Category/Account to QFX <INVBANKTRAN> Tag

Stuart W

06 Jan, 2019 07:13 PM

Every month my broker charges a fee. The amount of this fee depends on my activity for the previous month. When I get a QFX download from my brokerage account this fee is detailed in a <INVBANKTRAN> tag like this:

<INVBANKTRAN>
<STMTTRN>
<TRNTYPE>DEBIT</TRNTYPE>
<DTPOSTED>20190103202000.000[-5:EST]</DTPOSTED>
<TRNAMT>-18.98</TRNAMT>
<FITID>20190103.U612588.e.USD.10060356477</FITID>
<MEMO>BALANCE OF MONTHLY MINIMUM FEE FOR DEC 2018</MEMO>
<CURRENCY>
<CURRATE>1.0</CURRATE>
<CURSYM>USD</CURSYM>
</CURRENCY>
</STMTTRN>
<SUBACCTFUND>CASH</SUBACCTFUND>
</INVBANKTRAN>

As no transfer category/account is given in this tag, Moneydance will assign this Xfr record to the first account in the list of accounts and categories set up in Moneydance. Sadly, this is not the category I want to use.

I already do some processing on the QFX file before importing into Moneydance and would like to assign the category, "Brokerage Fees", which is a category I have set up in Moneydance, to fees like this as part of that processing. I have perused the OFX specification documentation, but am at a loss as to which tag to use and where it should go in that <INVBANKTRAN> tag.

Is it possible to do this? Any help as to what tag to use and where it should go would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

23 Mar, 2019 03:08 PM
23 Mar, 2019 03:07 PM
23 Mar, 2019 03:04 PM