SSL issues with First Tech Federal Credit Union

daikerjohn

20 Nov, 2018 10:11 PM

Just recently started receiving the dreaded 'No trusted certificate found' from First Tech Federal Credit Union:

A communication or parsing error occurred. This could be the result of a network problem, a proxy error, or misconfigured server.
Error Description: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No trusted certificate found

I also recently updated from 2017.9 to 2017.10, but I couldn't tell you with 100% certainty if the two are related.

I suspected that FTCU just rolled out new certificates, but the most recent cert for https://ofx.firsttechfed.com/ was issues on June 9th of this year.

Thanks,
John

Showing page 2 out of 2. View the first page

1. 31 Posted by alan_auerbach on 12 Dec, 2018 08:06 AM

>>[jon.d.slater] But... Is there a solution you can share with us mere mortals ;-)

Someone could take a whack at applying Zhuoqing's special case logic for ofx.firsttech.com (shown in his github commit) to the Pocketsense python scripts.

Ignore any references to Microsoft Money; there's nothing about the scripts that requires MSMoney. The scripts will launch whatever program is registered to handle .OFX files, which should be Moneydance if that's your PFM of choice.

2. 32 Posted by Alex Man on 12 Dec, 2018 09:17 AM

Can we at least get a build with the latest certificate?

3. 33 Posted by hillhaus on 12 Dec, 2018 06:36 PM

I still cannot reactivate the downloads for First Tech. Downloads appear every time from Citibank and American Express. I can access First Tech over the internet.

4. 34 Posted by Kerry Vanderkam... on 15 Dec, 2018 06:49 PM

Hi Jenny @ IK, can we get an update on this? I don't believe we've heard anything since 11/29. Thanks.

5. 35 Posted by hillhaus on 15 Dec, 2018 08:16 PM

I recently received this message from First Tech E Support:

"Thank you for your response to Angela's previous message. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing you. Our development team is actively working on a resolution to this issue. We are experiencing connectivity issues with most 3rd aggregates such as Quicken, Mint, and Money Dance. unfortunately we don't have any updates on when this issue will be resolved.

Thank you for your membership with First Tech! If you need additional information or assistance, please send a secure message or call our Contact Center at 855-855-8805 press 0. We are open Monday through Friday from 5:00 AM to 11:00 PM and Saturday from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM Pacific Time."

6. 36 Posted by alan_auerbach on 16 Dec, 2018 06:24 AM

(Note: I'm just a guy with a few years of HTTP programming experience and a bunch of accounts at First Tech, and who likes to download my transactions. I managed to unblock myself, and I want to help to get others unblocked.)

Here's where we stand now according to my research/testing:

• Quicken: works
    • Python scripts (KMyMoney & Pocketsense) - work with workaround described above.
    • Mint - don't know. I don't trust it any more.
    • Moneydance - blocked on SSL validation. Seems we know how to fix that, we just haven't seen an update with the GlobalSign Root cert. As Alex Man suggested, if we at least get an update with the GlobalSign Root cert, we can provide logs and/or other diagnostic information to help get the rest of it working again.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac