Citi bank card connection not functioning

Roy Settgas

11 Aug, 2018 02:22 PM

last couple days my Citi Bank card transactions won't download any more, providing this message:

There was an error communicating with your financial institution. The details of this error are below.

Bank Name: Citi Cards

A communication or parsing error occurred. This could be the result of a network problem, a proxy error, or misconfigured server.
Error Description: java.io.IOException: HTTP Error:403 Forbidden

curiously, one time in this period, the connection did work and downloaded one transaction. looking at advice on other similar threads here, particularly with Wells Fargo connection issues, I deleted the online connection settings and reentered my login info. no change. then I saw on one thread that IK staff recently provided a link to version 2017.8 as a fix for a Wells Fargo connection glitch. I was running 2017.7, so I downloaded 2017.8 - still getting the error message. suggestions welcome ...

1. 1 Posted by Roy Settgas on 13 Aug, 2018 10:21 PM

a few days of this situation persisting and now I have successfully re-established the downloads from Citi Cards. it appears that in some of these cases, there is a temporary glitch in the system that gets resolved. not sure if it was a necessary part of the fix for me to delete and re-establish my online connection for that account, but I did do that.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Ian O on 14 Aug, 2018 09:08 AM

Hi Roy,

Glad to hear everything is working again! I think we can say the outage was definitely on the banks end, re-establishing the connection may well have not been required. I'll close this discussion for now, but don't hesitate to get back in touch if you have further questions or need any assistance.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

3. Ian O closed this discussion on 14 Aug, 2018 09:08 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac