Can't get moneydance to connect to TD Bank

Deb Drummond

17 Jul, 2018 02:00 PM

Hi - TD did a security update and the system that allowed us to download transactions was disabled. They have completed it but we can't get our transactions to download now. I checked with TD and they are not able to connect either. They suggest the error is on your side.
Is there a way to get this working again??

"A communication or parsing error occured. ... Error Desc-Java.io.IO Exception: Http Error: 400 Bad Request"

Thanks

1. 1 Posted by pretzel.logic1 on 18 Jul, 2018 04:57 PM

I wonder if these guys even support the product any longer. Hell of a lot of "open" cases in here. I had a hard time getting responses myself on some issues months ago.

2. 2 Posted by Deborah Drummon... on 18 Jul, 2018 06:43 PM

Still waiting to hear from you - TD supports OFX which I your software did also. Would like to be able to get this working again.

3. 3 Posted by Deborah Drummon... on 22 Jul, 2018 05:16 PM

Okay, can I request a refund?? Seems you don’t support this product anymore since I have gotten NO response from myself and others with this issue other than a standard automatic reply.
    The product is useless to me unless it can download transactions. I really like it and see it was given a great rating but does not work with TD Bank anymore it seems.

Again the error is supposedly on your side..
    A communication or parsing error occurred. This could be the result of a network problem, a proxy error, or misconfigured server.
    Error Description: java.io.IOException: HTTP Error:400 Bad Request

Please advise.

D Drummond

4. 4 Posted by jnpdonovan on 25 Jul, 2018 05:51 PM

I'm also with TD Bank and was told today, after getting the same Error 400 Deborah got, that Quicken doesn't have me in their data base of users, so they haven't authorized me to access TD Bank using Quicken (aka Moneydance). Sounds like Quicken has figured out a way to limit access that only LOOKS like Quicken to just access that IS from a real Quicken product. I'm going to download my transactions from TD Bank's web site as a fall back, but would rather do it the old way that worked for years.

5. 5 Posted by Deborah Drummon... on 25 Jul, 2018 08:58 PM

Not sure what the connection would be between quicken and moneydance. But moneydance supports OFX as does Quicken and quickbooks. And it always was supported by TD Bank before their security update. After an hour on the phone, TD Bank is saying they are no longer supporting anything other than quicken and quickbooks.

So maybe the bigger question might be what is the connection between TD Bank and Quicken that they would not support any other personal software, not just moneydance?

If others would like to see if TD can help technical supports direct # is 800-493-7562 to see if they can get it to work, but they were not able to work it through with me and I had a tech manager on the phone who was as helpful as he could be.

It’s a huge inconvenience to not be able to download them directly, being paperless and all. Also sent a secure message through the TD website (on the right hand side of the accounts page). Maybe if they get enough complaints.. they will revise their system.

BUT, I am also still disappointed that infinite kind has not responded at all -but would love to hear something from them. Still waiting.

6. 6 Posted by laundry on 01 Aug, 2018 08:47 PM

I have been having the same problem and received the same answers from TD. They swear up and down that it is on the MD end and have little interest in helping.

I did get one answer, however, that I haven't seen here. The solution for Quicken users was to log in, wait for the error message to appear in the TD log and then the TD CS rep would authorize the failed connection. This would then allow all subsequent connections to be authorized as well. When I tried to access the bank using MD. they couldn't "see" my attempts. My attempts were not be logged or seen by their computer. I don't know if that makes a difference.

7. 7 Posted by Deborah Drummon... on 01 Aug, 2018 08:52 PM

Yes, TD told me it was a MD problem but then someone higher level at TD told me they won’t be supporting anything but Quicken and Quickbooks. They all use OFX so why is there a problem? Still does not make sense to me, and would LOVE to hear Infinite kinds response. There has been NONE. Any communication even if they don’t have a firm answer is better than not hearing from them at all. Moneydance got a second best rating from some group but I guess they didn’t ever call customer support.

8. 8 Posted by pretzel.logic1 on 01 Aug, 2018 09:07 PM

IK has definitely dropped the ball on this. I will not do business with any company that can't support a product I pay for.

9. 9 Posted by lewin.barringer on 05 Aug, 2018 05:23 PM

I have also been having problems with TD Bank. Now I am trying to switch banks.

10. 10 Posted by Deborah Drummon... on 05 Aug, 2018 06:18 PM

A few people are also switching banks because of this issue. . Keep in mind that the list of banks money’s dance says work with the protocol lists TD. I would check with any other bank directly before u switch. And I would let TD know the reason.

Sent from my iPhone

11. 11 Posted by lewin.barringer on 05 Aug, 2018 07:01 PM

I will definitely tell TD Bank why I left. I tried to move to the new bank, which is on the Moneydance list. However I ran into another problem. My Moneydance thinks that TD Bank is the parent bank and keeps trying to sign on through TD Bank.

I may need to delete the whole program and reinstall it if I cannot figure out how to tell Moneydance that TD Bank is not the parent. I’m a bit scared about deleting things but I get braver as my frustration grows!

Lewin

12. 12 Posted by pretzel.logic1 on 06 Aug, 2018 10:43 AM

I myself am not going to the extent of changing banks for this issue but merely downloading the transactions manually. I would switch to Quicken before I would switch banks.

13. 13 Posted by quotient on 06 Aug, 2018 11:50 AM

This is in reply to Lewin, above, who commented:
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    I will definitely tell TD Bank why I left. I tried to move to the new bank, which is on the Moneydance list. However I ran into another problem. My Moneydance thinks that TD Bank is the parent bank and keeps trying to sign on through TD Bank.

I may need to delete the whole program and reinstall it if I cannot figure out how to tell Moneydance that TD Bank is not the parent. I’m a bit scared about deleting things but I get braver as my frustration grows!

Lewin
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Parent/Child account designations can be changed by going to Tools-->Accounts. Select the account that needs changing. Click "Edit" at the bottom of the form. On next form that appears, click the name of the current "Parent Account". You can change to a different Parent Account, or make the selected account a Child Account of a different account. Click "OK" when you're done.

Also, it sounds like you still need to "Setup Online Banking" for your new bank and perhaps Disable the Online Banking for your old account. If you need to disable access for the old account, first select the old account, then go to Online-->Setup Online Banking and on the form select "Disable".

14. 14 Posted by normthomp on 06 Aug, 2018 05:58 PM

You might call TD Bank's "Chairman's Service Center" at 856-533-6872. This is supposed to be a means of getting "executive attention" paid to issues. At the moment, "executive attention" involves "leave a brief message" - and I haven't gotten a return call.

I've talked with TD tech support 3 times over the past 2 months and have NOT been told that they will only support Quicken and QB. Rather, they say they are working on a fix, but with no set completion date. Hard to image a fix for this could take two months and counting.

IK DEFINITELY needs to say something about this, even if it's to say it's a problem on TD's end and IK can't do anything until TD gets its act together - or admit that IK just doesn't care about its customers.

15. 15 Posted by Deborah Drummon... on 12 Aug, 2018 12:18 PM

Maybe a call to the below number may help.

But I was told that TD will no longer support any third party software other than Q and QB but a tech support manager at IK, Hans. So who knows who is telling the truth. Big banks are feeling very empowered now, so customers concerns don’t seem to matter anymore. IK is not innocent is this either with their silence.

I would suggest that you need to make sure that any software you switch to to enable transaction downloads needs to confirm they accept that specific bank - case in point is that IK still lists TD Bank - new (which is the correct connection to use according to tech support at TD) when you try to establish a connection to download, and as we know it is broken.

16. 16 Posted by lewin.barringer on 12 Aug, 2018 01:50 PM

Dear Deborah,

Thank you for sending this note. I will definitely call TD Bank on this line tomorrow. I have had numerous calls to lower level TD Bank employees but have gotten nowhere. At this point I am talking to another bank and may just give up and pull my account from TD Bank. The new guys are looking into Moneydance and say they will get back to me. It’s a local bank which is on IK’s list of banks that can work with Moneydance.

I’m an old geezer who is supposed to keep my blood pressure low. This frustrating situation certainly is not helping!

I’ll get back to you with whatever results I obtain.

Lewin

17. 17 Posted by lewin.barringer on 15 Aug, 2018 01:57 PM

Dear Deborah,

Thank you for your note. I called the TD Bank number which you gave me and left my information as requested. So far I have had no reply.

I am also looking into another bank. I might just pull out of TD Bank if they can not get their act together. At this point the new bank is looking into Moneydance to see if it can work with their system. They are listed on IK’s list of banks that can work with the system.

I’ll keep you posted.

Lewin

18. 18 Posted by Ian O on 16 Aug, 2018 08:56 AM

Hi All,

Please accept my apologies for the long wait you have all endured in getting an update on this issue. I can completely understand the frustration caused by an issue that is this long standing. We are still working on a solution for the TD Bank connection problem but unfortunately we still haven't gotten to the bottom of the problem. As this issue has been ongoing for such a long time we have decided to remove the listing for TD Bank from Moneydance. This is not us admitting defeat by any stretch but to stop newcomers to Moneydance believing a connection can be set up currently.

We will continue to troubleshoot this issue and we hope to re-instate the TD Bank connection in the near future. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by this issue. I'll ensure you are all updated as soon as we have further information.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

19. 19 Posted by lewin.barringer on 18 Aug, 2018 02:09 PM

No reply from the TD Bank number yet. I did get an email from Ian O of IK who tells me that they are taking TD Bank off of their list of banks that can work with Moneydance. That should save new users from the frustration we are having.

I’m still waiting to hear from my new bank to see if I can just switch banks.

Lewin

20. 20 Posted by lewin.barringer on 18 Aug, 2018 02:13 PM

Thank you for this great advice. It worked perfectly.

Lewin

21. 21 Posted by lewin.barringer on 31 Aug, 2018 04:02 PM

Thank you for your wonderful advice. It worked and I was able to make my new bank the parent. Then I called them and explained all about Moneydance. A very helpful young lady then checked things out with her superiors. They said only Intuit programs such as Quicken would work. She passed this on to me but stayed on the telephone while I tried to get into my account with Moneydance.

After several attempts I was able to get in and setup the online banking. I was thrilled! To see if things really work I then sent myself a check for $100. I will now wait for a few days to see if I actually get the check in the mail. If I do it’s goodbye TD Bank.

It’s funny. They still have not responded to my telephone call to the number you sent.

Thanks again for your kind assistance.

Lewin

22. 22 Posted by Deborah Drummon... on 31 Aug, 2018 07:09 PM

I did two direct messages on their website when I was logged into TD and they did respond.
    Their latest response sounded like they have no intention of fixing the issue.

Too bad TD was not as cooperative as your new bank. Good luck!

23. 23 Posted by lewin.barringer on 30 Sep, 2018 08:17 PM

Hi Ian,

I have given up on TD Bank and have opened a new account with another bank that does work with Moneydance. I checked it out with my personal account and it worked. I sent myself a check in the mail and redeposited it in my account with no problem.

I was delighted and then went to the bank and opened a new checking account in my company name. I came home and decided to check it out by sending myself a check from the new account. The check arrived in yesterday’s mail but it came from my name and not my company name even though the check shows up in the company register and not my personal account register.

I suspect this is because of the parent/child relationship of the accounts. How can I switch the positions of the two accounts and make the business account be the parent account and my personal account be the child?

To my knowledge this parent/child relationship was not in my original 2012 version of Moneydance. Now I fear that I might mess things up if I do something wrong.

Can you tell me how to get my company name on the checks as it in the account?

Lewin

24. 24 Posted by lewin.barringer on 10 Oct, 2018 03:51 PM

Hello Ian,

Are you still with Infinite Kind? I need help and have not heard back from you. I have sent email to you with no response.

I am leaving TD Bank and have found a local bank where your wonderful program works. I have opened a business account with them and can make transactions with my iMac on their website. However I have not been able to sign on with Moneydance.

I want to switch banks on the first of November if I can get Moneydance working by then.

Please get back to me and let me know if you can help.

Lewin

25. 25 Posted by lewin.barringer on 12 Oct, 2018 05:58 PM

Hi Ian,

I have decided to leave TD Bank. I am trying to connect Moneydance to an account that I just opened with the new bank. I am able to get in on the bank’s website, send and deposit checks but I have been unable to get on with Moneydance. At the bottom of this page you should see the screenshot of the error message I am getting.

Please get back to me as quickly as you can. I need to resolve this. You might also give me a telephone number for you if you can.

Lewin Barringer

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

19 Dec, 2018 08:26 AM
19 Dec, 2018 08:19 AM
19 Dec, 2018 07:36 AM