Auto download

Angie N

15 Jul, 2018 02:26 PM

Does the software automatically download transactions based on a pre-set schedule or is manual initiation required?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ethan on 15 Jul, 2018 03:56 PM

Hello,

It depends on your settings. You can only have it update when you tell it to by choosing the download accounts options in the Online menu, if that is what you prefer. Or you can choose to automatically download all accounts that you have set up for direct connections when you open the program by choosing that options in the Preferences window.

Ethan
    Moneydance Support

2. 2 Posted by Angie Nunley on 15 Jul, 2018 04:03 PM

Ethan

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. It looks as though our bank is not listed in the pre-set list. Is there a way to get them added? Looking through the FAQs, it seems that I can request specific information from the bank for their server but I’m not sure if this will be possible and plan to contact them tomorrow during normal business hours to get information on this.

If I cannot get the secure database information from the bank, how would I go about establishing an auto download of all account transactions or would that need to be done as a manual download?

Thank you
    Angie

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ethan on 15 Jul, 2018 04:06 PM

Hello Angie,

I just responded to your other thread, but it looks like your bank doesn't support direct OFX connections, which Moneydance requires to communicate with a financial institution. The only option would be to manually download and import your data in a compatible file format, which I describe in your other thread.

Ethan
    Moneydance Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac