NameError: name 'AccountUtil' is not defined

davidcullen

13 Mar, 2018 09:46 AM

I haven't used md for six months and something seems to have been changed in an update? I'm using md 2017.5 (1656) on my mac and my data file is in my Dropbox folder so it can sync with my iPhone (if that is important)

Previosly my code worked fine with the jyton extension but now it fails with a "NameError: name 'AccountUtil' is not defined" message. How do I fix things? My code is:

from com.infinitekind.moneydance.model import *
import java.util.ArrayList
import sys
book = moneydance.getCurrentAccountBook()
txnset = book.getTransactionSet()

#get all Accounts with Comment which includes 'RentalPropertyAgent' rentalPropertyAgentAccounts = filter(lambda x:'RentalPropertyAgent' in x.comment, AccountUtil.getAccountIterator(book))
  1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Sean Reilly on 13 Mar, 2018 10:11 AM

Hi David,

Yes, I'm very sorry about that problem. It is a bug in how I load the python interpreter, but is fixed in the preview build from here: https://infinitekind.com/preview

Can you let me know if that doesn't solve it for you?

Also, I'd strongly recommend keeping your data file in the Moneydance Documents folder (which can be revealed using the Help->Show Documents Folder menu). You can use the File->Syncing menu to show the settings that specify how Moneydance will use a special folder to push and pull any updates to Dropbox. That syncing mechanism is completely independent of where your data file is stored, and it operates in a way that is safe from conflicts with Dropbox's local syncing software. With your data file being stored in the Dropbox folder we don't have any control over syncing conflicts.

Thanks,
    Sean

2. 2 Posted by derekkent23 on 13 Mar, 2018 04:22 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.

Just to add, too set up syncing see http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/syncing-and-sharing-data

Hope this helps.

3. 3 Posted by davidcullen on 14 Mar, 2018 09:34 AM

Sean: yes, it fixed the problem for me. I will also follow your recommendation re Dropbox.

derekkent23: thank you for your guidance.

Both: thank you very much for your prompt responses.

4. System closed this discussion on 13 Jun, 2018 09:40 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac