How To setStatus() in Java? More javadocs?

whitedavidp

19 Feb, 2018 05:16 PM

I have played with the sample python extension and decided to move on to Java. I have managed to create my first extension in Java. Great! But I did want to perform the setStatus() that I saw in the python sample from within Java. Despite going through the entire javadoc both online here and as downloaded with the API kit, I could not figure out how to do this. Maybe it is a python-only thing? Not sure why that would be the case.

Looking here <https://bitbucket.org/infinitekind/moneydance_open/src/93224f9bba9e1d30077731d51ecedd133203e5cc/src/com/moneydance/modules/features/yahooqt/Main.java?at=master&fileviewer=file-view-default> at the stock quote extension, I see references to classes in packages outside those shown in the API documentation. For example: com.moneydance.apps.md.view.gui.MoneydanceGUI and com.moneydance.apps.md.controller.time.* are two that immediately come to mind. It would make sense to me that MoneydanceGUI might have the setStatus or equivalent method. Is there someplace I can find javadoc on all this?

Thanks for any tips.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Sean Reilly on 19 Feb, 2018 08:23 PM

Hi David,

Ah yes, the Python code actually calls through to a non-public method which works because of how Python links into the java objects on our side. From either python or java you can also use the following from within the extension object:

getContext().showURL("moneydance:setprogress?label=TheStatusUpdateTextURLEncoded&meter=0.5")

...where the "meter" value is a float from 0 to 1 that sets the activity/progress bar value, or it can be 0 or -1 to hide the progress bar.

Please let me know if that doesn't work for you.

Thanks!
    Sean

2. System closed this discussion on 21 May, 2018 08:30 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac