Text File Importer Source Code

Mike V.

26 Aug, 2017 06:40 PM

Would it be possible to get a copy of the text file importer extension source code. I'd like to take a wack at it to see if I could modify it to handle my personal investment file imports from cvs files. Thanks

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ben Spencer on 27 Aug, 2017 01:15 PM

Hi Mike

You can get it from github.

https://github.com/t1794t7586/mdcsvimporter/tree/master/src/com/mon...

Ben Spencer
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Mike V. on 27 Aug, 2017 02:28 PM

Thank you Ben. I was hoping it was Python --- I have been out of the Java world for much too long to fight the learning curve.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Sean Reilly on 28 Aug, 2017 09:43 AM

Hi Mike,

You may also be interested in the new built-in text file importing with API that is in Moneydance 2017.3:
      https://infinitekind.com/dev/apidoc/index.html

(the txtimport package)

It is accessible from the built-in Python environment in Moneydance and I believe it provides most of the same function as the mdcsvimporter code. Sorry that it's not open source, but I'd be happy to help with any questions you may have about it.

Thanks,
    Sean

4. 4 Posted by Mike V. on 28 Aug, 2017 03:29 PM

That one is also written in Java. Neither app contain field descriptions for security, price, symbol, and shares. I was thinking I might be able to modify a cvs importer (if written in Python) to have those fields so I could import my Fidelity transactions without having to use a cvs/Qif converter. Thank you for the response though.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac