Henry on 07 Jun, 2017 02:58 PM
Thank you for contacting us.
We've been looking into this issue and it seems all customers are encountering 400 and 500 errors - 404, 502 or 504.
A Yahoo support representative has confirmed that Yahoo Finance API has been discontinued.
From the changes that have been made, it seems like Yahoo is trying to prevent people from automated downloading like Moneydance (and so many others) are doing.
Our lead developer has mentioned that we may be able to make a change, that means the Moneydance connection will pose as a browser, rather than a program. This may allow the connection. However, it seems very likely that this will turn into a 'cat-and-mouse' game.
The current workaround is to download the quotes in a cvs file and import them by navigating to Tools > Securities > Edit then Import.
We are looking into other services we can use instead to resume the automatic downloads.
I've been following that issue but it does not seem to be the same as mine.
Historical prices are not an issue as I use the Google server for those
and these are still working well (with a couple of exceptions but I'm
not really interested in historical data anyway).
My problem only affects one *current* price, that of ticker LON:BT.A
I have about 40 stocks and all *current* prices work fine for them using
the Yahoo USA server, except this one which is the only one to have a
"." in its name. This is why I suspect that the problem is to do with
parsing the "." in the URL that requests the data.
Henry on 12 Jun, 2017 11:55 AM
Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay getting back to you.
While testing different configurations, I found that Editing the Security in the Quotes and Exchange Rate extension forced the download.
Can you navigate to 'Extensions' then select 'Quotes and Exchange Rate' that will open the 'Quotes and Exchange Rate' window there please make sure that the Security is checked and that the ticker symbol listed there is BT.A, if not you can double-click on that section of the window and edit it, the Stock exchange column should be set to default. Once that is all set that way and Historical Security prices are set to Google Finance, you can click on 'update now'.
BT.A is correctly set as the ticker. However "default" for the exchange
returns prices in USD which is incorrect. I have to set the exchange as
"London - pence" for all my UK stocks to get the correct prices.
Sorry, I wasn't clear. The problem is not solved. Nothing has changed.
Everything works well except this one stock: BT.A It is the only
stock to have a "." in the ticker.
I have to select "London - pence" as the exchange for all my UK stocks
or the prices returned are wrong. If I set default as the exchange for
BT.A I do get a price, but it is the wrong price and is in USD not GBP.
Therefore I cannot do this. Selecting "London - pence" for BT.A just
results in an error with no current price being downloaded at all.
Henry on 14 Jun, 2017 12:35 PM
I can confirm, that I'm seeing the same on my end after several attempts and comparing the price.
As the lead developer is working on a complete solution for the automatic downloads through the Quotes and Exchange Rate extension, I have no direct workaround for this issue besides entering the current price using the Security Price Entry extension form the Extension menu for that specific Security.
Running into a problem with my cash. If I categorize it as "ATM withdrawal: cash" it presents as a negative amount under expenses. Then im not sure how to make it spent.
I would prefer to just consider an expense.