network extension

seattlejimrush

12 Jan, 2017 02:52 AM

I am running version 2017.1, and I want to add my wife iPhone to the system, so she can add cash transactions to Moneydance from her phone.

So where do I find the "Network Synchronizer extension" and then configure the network to add the device

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ian O on 12 Jan, 2017 12:32 PM

Hi,

The Network Synchronizer is only necessary if your attempting to sync though your local WiFi using Moneydance 2014 or earlier. We've dropped support for WiFi syncing since there are issues that cannot be fixed due to certain network configurations over which we have no control.

All syncing to mobile devices is now done though Dropbox. Dropbox syncing is end-to-end encrypted, meaning that all your data is encrypted between your Moneydance application and your Moneydance iOS app, with none of it being unencrypted on your Dropbox folder. For these reasons, we've stopped maintaining the WiFi syncing functionality and are unable to fix most problems with it.

You should be able to follow the instructions on this page to set up syncing between Moneydance 2017 and your mobile device.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

2. System closed this discussion on 13 Apr, 2017 12:40 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac