Syncing failed message when attempting to sync mobile app on my Samsung Note 8 with Dropbox Folder

trishc82

12 Feb, 2019 05:55 PM

I originally started trying to Sync the Mobile app with Moneydance desktop version 2017. When that failed I upgraded the desktop version to 2019. Uninstalled the Mobile app. Set the Syncing in the desktop version to no syncing. Closed Moneydance and deleted the .moneydance folder from Dropbox. Started the Moneydance Desktop version again and set the syncing to Dropbox Folder. Closed the desktop version. Then installed the mobile app again (from the Google Play Store). selected sync with Dropbox it found the dropbox folder and prompted me to allow the connection which I did and I entered the passphrase stored in Moneyydance and the response was Syncing failed. I then typed the passphrase to see if maybe I was getting a bogus error message and it immediately came back with invalid username or password. So when I use the correct passphrase\password I always get syncing failed but can find in info on why it is failing. Any suggestions on how to get this to work?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac