Setting the default account for 'New Transactions'

scmilleville

06 Feb, 2019 08:33 PM

I just got a new iOS device, and I feel like I've lost some functionality with my Moneydance Mobile iOS app.

I mostly use the mobile app for registering credit card purchases I make when I'm away from home.

In my account register, I have 2 banking accounts (1 savings, 1 checking), and a credit card. Pretty basic stuff. On the main page, when I press the '+' button in the upper right corner to create a new transaction, the savings account is the default account chosen for the new transaction.

However, on my previous device (which I used to do this very function last week), when I press the '+' button, the credit card account is the default account chosen for the new transaction. This would be my preferred set-up. As I said, I mostly use the mobile app for logging credit card transactions, nothing more.

So my question - how did I set a new default for new transactions? I can't seem to find a settings menu anywhere and a knowledge base and topic search on these forums turned up nothing. I did it before and I'd like to do it again.

tl:dr - how do I change the default account for a new transaction when pressing the '+' button on the home screen for the mobile app? I was able to do it on a previous device, so I know it was possible in the past.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jenny on 07 Feb, 2019 11:47 AM

Hi,

You should press the '+' button and enter a transaction for your credit card account. Then press 'Save'.
    The next time you press the '+' button, the credit card account should be selected. You should always see the last account you used.

Let me know if this isn't working and we can troubleshoot.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by scmilleville on 07 Feb, 2019 03:14 PM

Jenny - Yes! Thank you. That was my problem. I hadn't entered any transactions yet since installing Moneydance Mobile so I hadn't had the chance to select the credit card and make that the last account used. I thought it was a setting I needed to change.

3. 3 Posted by andyblewuk on 01 Mar, 2019 04:23 AM

Hi Jenny and all...,
    What if I want to only have a certain account in my mobile and some other accounts from the same file in my wife's mobile so both of us can only take care what's ours.
    I sync my newly set file with my mobile and I can see all accounts that I've created.
    Thanks in advance for the response.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac