Moneydance 2019 syncing

Bash

01 Feb, 2019 03:45 PM

How does the syncing to the mobile app work in MD2019? I have looked over the site and all I can find is a reference to a shared folder. Does the mean it now works with iCloud and will pull the updates from anywhere?

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 01 Feb, 2019 08:24 PM

I'm fellow user.

The mobile app uses the Dropbox API, so Dropbox is a mandatory requirement.

See

http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/syncing-and-sharing-data/syncing-with-mobile-app

2. 2 Posted by Bash on 01 Feb, 2019 08:32 PM

Thanks DWG but the article you link to is for MD2017, not 2019.

--
    Bash

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 01 Feb, 2019 08:47 PM

Most articles are still for MD2017, there is no change in this space in MD2019

4. 4 Posted by Bash on 01 Feb, 2019 09:27 PM

I was told there was an entirely new sync set up coming in MD2019. I’m still running MD2014.5 because I refuse to use Dropbox.

--
    Bash

5. 5 Posted by dwg on 01 Feb, 2019 10:08 PM

No nothing entirely new. Better management of the syncing files has been put into place, but that is the biggest thing I have seen around syncing, but that also impacts start up times and backups as well.

6. 6 Posted by Bash on 01 Feb, 2019 11:48 PM

Well that sucks! Guess it’s time to give up on MD and starting looking for something else.

--
    Bash

7. 7 Posted by Bash on 01 Feb, 2019 11:49 PM

What are the Linux users going to do? I heard Dropbox wasn’t going to support Linux anymore.

--
    Bash

8. 8 Posted by dwg on 02 Feb, 2019 12:25 AM

As I understand it the Dropbox client is only going to support one file system on Linux - ext4. Moneydance can also use Dropbox directly using the Dropbox connection method.

9. 9 Posted by Bash on 02 Feb, 2019 12:42 AM

Hope so. Doesn’t help me but at least the Linux users won’t be cut off. Maybe one of these days InfiniteKind will decide to give users a choice. Several other products support iCloud and other cloud services. I’ll have to reach out to the person who told me to look for MD2019. Too bad though. Been a user for over a decade but not waiting any longer.

----
    Bash

10. 10 Posted by dwg on 02 Feb, 2019 01:16 AM

Realistically I think that for The Infinite Kind (Moneydance) to consider a cloud service for support it would have to in turn support Windows, MacOS, Linux. IOS & Android as they are the environments Moneydance runs in.

I think services like icloud and OneDrive probably disqualify themselves on the basis of who owns them and how that could be perceived by different sections of the user base even if they did have the required capabilities.

11. 11 Posted by Bash on 02 Feb, 2019 01:25 AM

Maybe so but I’m not creating a cloud account just for a piece of software. Using a cloud service built into the OS should be an option.

----
    Bash

12. 12 Posted by Bash on 02 Feb, 2019 01:31 AM

I was hoping they finally allowed shared folders to work on iOS then iCloud would be supported since it shared with all devices.

----
    Bash

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac