Synced Macs and data not the same

Simon Moorhouse

06 Dec, 2018 06:22 PM

Hi
Just bought a new Mac, and want to use Moneydance on this new one and existing older one. Followed instructions and used Dropbox to sync (I also use Dropbox to sync to iPhone).
The data on the new Mac doesn't match what's on my old Mac. A little investigation and it seems to be missing some of my investment transactions.
Why is this happening?

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 06 Dec, 2018 08:37 PM

I'm fellow user.

I think people will need more information to try and work out what is happening and potentially why. The following details may provide a starting point for further investigation.

1. What version and build of Moneydance are you using. The first 6 or so lines from your Moneydance console window will show this.

2. How long have you been syncing with the iPhone

3. What connection type are you using for the original desktop

4. Is there a pattern of any sort that links the missing transactions.

In some of the questions I am trying to see if there might be a reason for some transaction to not have been copied to dropbox. As you are having problems with Investment transactions your iPhone would likely be unaffected as the mobile app does not handle investments.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac