Access to all Dropbox account? Also, Moneydance hangs after unauthorize app from Dropbox

Jonathan Mark

13 Oct, 2018 06:23 PM

I tried "Dropbox Connection" option in the Sync menu, and authorized Moneydance to connect my Dropbox. However I noticed that the Moneydance app has requested access to the entire contents of Dropbox and does not seem to offer the option to be restricted to one folder. Is there a way to restrict into Moneydance to one Dropbox folder?

I then went to Dropbox web site and un-authorized the Moneydance app for Dropbox. I then had a problem repeatedly where Moneydance hangs as soon as I clicked the "Sync..." menu item in Moneydance.

Fortunately I had made a backup copy of my Moneydance database before these experiments, so I could restore the original database, and then the Sync... menu didn't hang and I was back to the "Dropbox Folder" mode, where I will stay for now.

Moneydance 2017.8 (1691) - Windows 10

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

19 Dec, 2018 07:36 AM
19 Dec, 2018 05:37 AM
19 Dec, 2018 03:50 AM