Dropbox Syncing

wwdjw

12 Oct, 2018 08:11 AM

My desktop (primary), laptop and iPhone were syncing successfully. I then re-installed Windows on the laptop and installed MD from a fresh download.
I am following the advise in http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/syncing-and-sharing-data/syncing-with-other-computers
Laptop MD shutdown. Primary syncing stopped. Dropbox shared folder deleted.
However, re-opening MD on the desktop (primary) and choosing File|Syncing, I am not offered the Dropbox Folder option depicted in the help. (the other options are present).
Where to go from here ?

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 12 Oct, 2018 08:42 AM

I'm a fellow user.

When you installed the dropbox client did you chose to create the dropbox folder in the default location - in the users home folder - or in some other location?

2. 2 Posted by wwdjw on 12 Oct, 2018 08:45 AM

other location

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 12 Oct, 2018 08:53 AM

Moneydance does not do anything fancy to determine if dropbox is installed, it just looks in the default location for the folder as a sort of a shortcut.

In reality it is really just a variation of the Shared folder option so you should be able to choose this and navigate to where the dropbox folder is located.

4. 4 Posted by wwdjw on 12 Oct, 2018 09:02 AM

dwg: Thanks I was a half step ahead of you. Desktop and Laptop are now syncing via Dropbox shared folder. The next step is to re-establish syncing to the iPhone. It wants a 'Network Synchronizer' extension that does not appear in the extensions manager. I could perhaps add it from file if I knew where to find the file !

5. 5 Posted by dwg on 12 Oct, 2018 09:06 AM

The Network Synchronizer extension is not supported on later releases - newer that MD 2014 if I recall correctly, you need to use dropbox for your mobile device.

http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/syncing-and-sharing-data/syncing-wi...

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

19 Dec, 2018 07:36 AM
19 Dec, 2018 05:37 AM
19 Dec, 2018 03:50 AM